Security Installer Community

Honeywell Accenta Mini – Tamper Fault Lockout Problem

kwano888

Hi all,

Newbie looking for some assistance and feedback please

Just had my second floor 2 Bed flat refurbished and upgrading my alarm system in the process. New cables have been installed. Trying to install the system and save a few pennies whilst gaining some knowledge for future projects. It’s just a basic system, 1 door contact and 2 PIR’s.

The hardware :

Honeywell Accenta Mini G4 with LCD remote keypad

TEXECOM Odyssey external bell box

1 x front door contact

2 x PIR’s (Hall and kitchen)

I am not concerned with Tampers being a domestic property on the second floor so I have not connected any of the Tampers on both the PIR’s and door contact ( I have left the original links in PA and TAMP on the panel)

I have a couple of known issues

1)      The strobe doesn’t work on test (Bell sound test works)

2)      I am getting Tamper Fault Lockout displayed on the LCD keypad ?

I would upload pics but cannot yet being new to the forum.

The wiring on the Texecom Odyssey panel :

RED – A – 12 v – Positive permanent supply

WHITE – B – BELL – Negative applied output to activate siren

GREEN – C – TAMP – Negative removed on tamper input

BLACK – D – ov Permanent negative supply

YELLOW – S – Strobe – Negative applied output to activate siren.

The wiring on the Accenta panel for the external siren side of things :

YELLOW connected to ‘–‘ (minus) marked STROBE

GREEN connected to ‘T’

WHITE connected to ‘A’

RED connected to ‘D’ (positive)

BLACK connected to ‘B’ (negative)

I am not sure if this is 100% correct as the manual refers to a different board wiring layout.

I am also tempted to bypass the Tamper on the external bell box as its high up on the second floor but I am not sure whats the best way in doing this ?

The other possibility could be a wiring fault with the remote keypad. I have wired this as follows :

KEYPAD & ACCENTA BOARD (wired straight through)

BLUE  - COMMS

YELLOW – SOUND

RED  - +13V

BLACK – 0V

GREEN – TAMPER

WHITE – TAMPER

Thanks in advance !

Firstly, you should connect the tamper connections on all devices, whether this is the second floor or the 99th floor.

Tamper circuits protect the cabling and also stop the system from being tampered with, while the system is unset.

To solve the tamper issue you could try to link the tampers one at a time and see if the fault clears. You will then find the tamper circuit at fault to further diagnose.

The bell appears to be wired correctly, are the bell LED's alternately flashing slowly (approx 1Hz)?

Are you sure the strobe is not working, maybe hard to tell in the daylight?

Tamper lockout will be the spring on the keypad not hitting the stupid little circle its supposed to fit in to on the back plate. Will put £5 on it. Pull the spring a little bit or wedge a small bit cardboard in the circle. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will take on board the comments and suggestions.

I did think the keypad tamper felt a bit suspect and sensitive.

Will double check the strobe again in dimmer daylight. I know the blue coloured lens is not that great. The alternative flashing LEDs are even not that bright at night. 

as Scotmod above, it is best to connect tampers, not so much for a targeted disablement attack.

but say you or a tradesman cut's a cable while laying new carpet, or a plumbing alteration, your or your friends dog munches a cable the fact it sounds immediately cuts down on the work of finding the location of the innocent if clumsy damage.

Skilled labour, as in any trade is costly in ours, so minimising the time needed by having tampers connected can pay for itself, should you be unlucky.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived