Security Installer Community

Automated Home Security

MattyValley

Obviously the appearance of being at home would put off any opportunist burglar, but not all burglaries are committed by opportunists. If you are likely to be targeted by even the most amateur of burglars they wont be put off by a few lights turning on and off, and in comparison to a professionally installed systems its likely they would easily be defeated. Burglar alarms are designed so that it is very difficult to get around them.     

£25 ?

http://cpc.farnell.com/defender-security/df-010j/simulator-tv/dp/SR08064?Ntt=tv+simulator

Less with a tat mag code.

Got one on the narrowboat, works a treat. Until some f**ker broke in to steal the TV... :)

I did play with wiring them to the set output of panels via a 5V DC-DC converter but they look a bit ugly.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 2 weeks later...

TBH. the borders between different devices having effect on home automation are booming ever more blurred.

On larger homes panels control the alarm system and also access control. Being able get status, set, unset using a phone is todays chip paper. Latest trend is for alarms sending pictures of intruders to cloud bases servers.

i'm not into 'all eggs in one basket' thinking, one element plays up, other features can be affected, even totally put out of action. Imagine a home suddenly having no alarm, cctv, access control, fire alarm, heating, lighting, toilets, safe water - it would be like living in Cornwall!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Imagine a home suddenly having no alarm, cctv, access control, fire alarm, heating, lighting, toilets, safe water - it would be like living in Cornwall!

10878 posts and you have finally made me laugh. Well done.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived