Security Installer Community

Road Fund License

PeterJames

Public!

I think its another way of screwing more cash out of us, its unlikely that you will sell a car on the last day of the month. On the plus side when a car is purchased its automatically becomes un taxed until the new owner registers and tax's it so the Police should pick up un registered cars much quicker than in the past.

The loss of the tax disc screen display is a bad move imo, I have a private drive now but before I had a drive I would know if people dumped cars out side my house, or if they were just visiting a neighbor

Fairest way is to bin tax altogether and put it on the cost of fuel.

eta, when trading in to a dealer I always cash the tax pro rata, when private I advertise with tax.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

The loss of the tax disc screen display is a bad move imo, I have a private drive now but before I had a drive I would know if people dumped cars out side my house, or if they were just visiting a neighbor

Agreed my parents have had several ' tidy' cars dumped near their house and it wasnt obvious apart from the tax. However, whilst a PIA im assuming there will be an online DVLA web check same as now?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Agreed my parents have had several ' tidy' cars dumped near their house and it wasnt obvious apart from the tax. However, whilst a PIA im assuming there will be an online DVLA web check same as now?

Your only supposed to check your own car on that though, are you not? So how can you phone up and report an untaxed car if you are not allowed to check it online, they could have you for committing the offense of fraud

Your only supposed to check your own car on that though, are you not? So how can you phone up and report an untaxed car if you are not allowed to check it online, they could have you for committing the offense of fraud

Assume that will be changed... If not, oh dear.

who cares just drive around with no tax or insurance,and if you get caught the fines are cheaper anyway..

I used to see tons of French vans parked up where I lived in London. It was the latest wheeze. Get £40 eurostar, buy ***** Renault van, at least 2 months of tax and insurance free motoring with no hastle whatsoever from the ANPR crew, with drive offs from the forecourt an optional sweetener...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

As it is now if the vehicle your driving is not taxed it falls on you, under this new system, if the vehicle is not taxed will it fall on the registered owner? is it any difference to insurrance or MOT in that respect?

A private vehicle would be difficult enough to know, what about hire vehicles?

Dump duty and revenue to fuel how then do you charge HGV and gas guzzlering Chelsea Tanks a deterent duty, without all drivers being charged at a hevier rate?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived