Security Installer Community

Cooper/scantronic I-Onxx Crestron Integration

nieldm

Does anyone have any information on the integration of the i-On range into home automation systems, preferably Crestron? 

I am not a DIY installer but am a Crestron programmer but am told that there is no protocol document available, without which an integration module can't be written. Such a document must exist for the (terrible) web interface to be written.

It's the year 2014, customers want their security systems integrating with lighting systems and IP cameras......

If anyone has any thoughts or information on this, I am all ears!

Marc

I agree entirely, however, in our world manufacturers either don't have these documents at all or the ones that do will give them to practically no one.

It is a frustration I face all the time but I suspect scantronic don't even have an API let alone give it to an end user or their developer. Our chosen manufacturer does have one but nowhere on this planet would it get into an end users hands. Took us 2 years and had to be signed off by 5 million people on 3 continents. Bonkers I know.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

With regards to the ion, just forget it OP! Sadly.

Hard enough getting support as it is, and I believe they gave

the last people that tried to integrate via the built in Ethernet

the run around.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Texecom premier can be integrated with Crestron, I did have a copy of the Crestron protocol but can't find it. 

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Texecom premier can be integrated with Crestron, I did have a copy of the Crestron protocol but can't find it. 

Good because we only issue it under NDA now ;) , OP if you contact Tech Support they will send you the protocol document, Crestron is supported on our entire range of Premier Elite panels, from 16 to 640 zones.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Thanks guys, pretty much as I expected. I had some email correspondence with the CEO of Cooper (the installer got fed up with me nagging him and put me in direct contact) and he made the astonishing statement that "no protocol exists" but then went on to say that he was talking to Crestron about them developing a module....to which I replied "good luck developing something without a protocol document, what are they supposed to do, guess?". Same for their inhouse developers who developed the monumentally cr4p web interface. Even for something that lousy, one needs a protocol! I wish I could share his email, it was truly pathetic and it seems they are happy to let the i-On products become legacy years ahead of time.

I was hoping that somehow, someone had wheedled something out of Cooper, but it seems not.

As for Crestron compatible systems I have had some successes with HAI Omni products, but they aren't EN50131 compliant, I have never used Texecom and will take a look.

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

I also tried to get the protocol from Cooper Security. Was like pulling teeth. They said they had a protocol but wouldn't release it for security reasons. Their support is woeful and their integration with third party systems is non existent. It's a shame as there has to be an IP protocol for their web interface to interact with the panel.

If someone had the time, I'm sure it would be possible to use a software analyser to look at the IP packets as they were sent from the web interface. Bit beyond my capabilities I'm afraid. Anyone gets any further information I think lots of us would love to have it.

Maybe. Cooper as-was is no more as we know, suspect Eaton will keep fire and encourage MBO of intruder.

But the ship of the scantronic / menvier days has truly sailed. Don't see how they could ever recoup any major market share they once enjoyed?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived