Security Installer Community

Gardtec Gt 490X Alarm Will Not Set "lounge. ! Check ! Error Message

Johnhaw01

On a wireless detector you shouldn't have your leds enabled asbit will destroy battery life

On Risco Detectors single (waits for James to spit lol!) way, they come set to walk test, when done you flick a DIL then it only indicates when 1st triggered.

Led indicates an impending flat battery by several blinks of the LED.

Does risco report loss of unit, or is it an option so it can be disabled?

you can disable suoervision, otherwise it reports device as lost on later kit, tamper on the G range

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

If I think of all the really clever people I know who are techies / developers I can think of only 2 that don't detest end users with a passion.

tbh most small one 1 - 5 man bands if set up by time served engineers with servicing skills, are likely to be very good in all areas they cover. Those who are aloof will loose custom simple as.

I'd possibly flounder a bit with a Galixy (or Yale ftm lol!) specific issue because i don't know or have ever used these panels. but having been given fault complaint info and first considered it's validity, after i ask a few well aim questions i'd be pretty sure of sorting it no matter what panel.

On that level, giving basic experienced advice on battery diagnosis/change, preventing/tracing false alarms on detection etc it is no real issue, and like said many times before by others - you don't have to respond.

The guy with the Chubb bell, obviously wants that name on his ewd as he feels it has a better deterrent value, but made far more sense (imho) to get a new device with a drawing, so he could have a better chance of success, and longevity.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived