Security Installer Community

Gardtec Gt 490X Alarm Will Not Set "lounge. ! Check ! Error Message

Johnhaw01

Last night at 3am and 4am my GardTec Gt 490x alarm alarmed with the display message battery fault. I was able to stop it by setting the alarm? Today have replaced the battery and all seemed welll, all the fuses seemed in tact. However, today the alarm has now gone off again with the display saying. "LOUNGE L. !!!!!!!! Check !!!!!!" and the alarm will not reset. The movement sensor in the lounge does not flash when approached unlike all the other sensors. I was not able to turn off any zones last night. The outside alarm box is also flashing with the blue light. Help please. Thank you in advance.

Thanks for your reply. The sensors have not been changed in the last 8 years. Could it be faulty causing the problem and the display message. Any suggestions as to how I can resolve the issue? Thanks

Thanks for your reply. The sensors have not been changed in the last 8 years. Could it be faulty causing the problem and the display message. Any suggestions as to how I can resolve the issue? Thanks

Change battery....walk out of room...... Wait 3 mins.... Walk back in room and activate PIR.

All restores will be sent back and system should be back to normal.

If detector batteries have not been changed in a long time I would change them all at the same time and service the panel making sure the eng code has not been locked.

8 years, 1 way and leds enabled? I'm amazed

Exactly James.

!

Thanks for all the replies. I hadn't changed the battery as all seemed fine until the main control battery failed. I will replace them all as soon as possible and follow the great advice provided. I will "report" back with the outcome. Thanks for all the prompt replies so far.

8 years etc!, but at the end of the day the end user doesn't know, he has a problem, '8 years blah' means nowt to him, speak to him in English, not engineers talk if you want to give advice at all surely?.

What we're all suggesting OP, is that length of time is exceptional without a problem re batteries.

Archived