Security Installer Community

Physical Security Advice Needed

Hey everyone. I was hoping i can get some sound advice on securing my home. I would like to prevent breakins in the first place and if that fails have secondary security inside the home. I would like to know more about securing the doors, windows etc etc. And then for internal security we can look at alarms and such.

I have seen products such as Ez Armor, Master Security Doors, Ongard door stop etc etc. These are all generally american products and i was wondering if we have similar stuff in the uk and whether or not such stuff is worth the money.

Advice like this needs to be tailored to your needs, and that means a site visit by a competent engineer. to both assess your possessions value as to risk as well as your own fear level of personal harm/risk/theft.

Locking internal doors might delay for a few seconds, but if billy the burglar wants to go into that room he will pay little respect to your decor.

You can have grills but they don't look nice, and who really wants to live behind bars? you need to consider fire risk and how people would get out should it unfortunately happen.

A small safe is a good starting point of physical protection, in most cases an intruder alarm is more cost effective than bars on windows, intruders don't like noise or light, so consider automatic lights, but they are only effective during hours of darkness unless you go for a more sophisticated system like GJD.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Halloween - Arf - coincidence? you decide...

I'm interested in the gjd system,works in daylight...tbf to arf he's probably been searching the streets for the dome camera Tupperware lids that blew off in the storm...

Hey everyone. I was hoping i can get some sound advice on securing my home. I would like to prevent breakins in the first place and if that fails have secondary security inside the home. I would like to know more about securing the doors, windows etc etc. And then for internal security we can look at alarms and such.

I have seen products such as Ez Armor, Master Security Doors, Ongard door stop etc etc. These are all generally american products and i was wondering if we have similar stuff in the uk and whether or not such stuff is worth the money.

smoke cloak and its variants will do what you want....

I'm interested in the gjd system,works in daylight...tbf to arf he's probably been searching the streets for the dome camera Tupperware lids that blew off in the storm...

I'm guessing Arf's referring to the buzzer

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived