Security Installer Community

Tap Network Sms Setup Help

BigmanH

Hello,

Does Orange (EE) network support TAP network SMS and if so what are the parameters required for a galaxy dialler eg.sms center number etc..

I'm trying to set this up with a telecom mod on a Galaxy 60, tried setting mobile number and Orange SMS number 07989100123 but no dice when sending engineer test, looking in my mobile it lists the 0 as the UK +44 eg +44 7989100123 but cannot enter +44, so tried 0.

If not, is there any free tap providers available?

Thank you.

So basically your saying the telecoms module is not going to work anymore and so should I remove it?

Ty.

The only use for it would be to connect a digi to an ARC. There are reliable low cost options to achieve what you want such as this https://www.selfmon.co.uk/SelfMon/cpanel/ if you don't want proper monitoring.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I use the free TAPs service (vodafone 07785499993) on a home system. It notifies mobiles of open/ close events, so an SMS at least twice a day, as well as alarm events. I have read these comments over the years over unreliability of TAPs hence I've set the system to send all those entry/exits texts. I've rarely experienced a failed or delayed SMS and as soon as I do, I'll drop the system.

I'm not going to disagree with the opinion of the experts but use of TAPs probably depends on how secure your system need to be. For my simple home use, I'm willing to carry on taking the risk, and as I have TalkTalk for my home landline the texts are also all free to send.

TAP is not free. It costs abut 25p per message.

Reliability depends on the server. I find it it good most of the time. When it goes down you get late or missed messages. This happens once or twice a year in my experience. Depending on your expectations determines if this is acceptable.

I use the free TAPs service (vodafone 07785499993) on a home system. It notifies mobiles of open/ close events, so an SMS at least twice a day, as well as alarm events. I have read these comments over the years over unreliability of TAPs hence I've set the system to send all those entry/exits texts. I've rarely experienced a failed or delayed SMS and as soon as I do, I'll drop the system.

I'm not going to disagree with the opinion of the experts but use of TAPs probably depends on how secure your system need to be. For my simple home use, I'm willing to carry on taking the risk, and as I have TalkTalk for my home landline the texts are also all free to send.

I tried the Vodaphone number but not working using a test "intruder" activation (option in TAP/Intruder is set to on), DTMF, tone and single.

Do you put a 44 instead of the 0 at the beginning for both mobile and center numbers?

I am also on a BT landline and mobile is on EE (orange) but can't get this to work.

Ty.

I tried the Vodaphone number but not working using a test "intruder" activation (option in TAP/Intruder is set to on), DTMF, tone and single.

Do you put a 44 instead of the 0 at the beginning for both mobile and center numbers?

I am also on a BT landline and mobile is on EE (orange) but can't get this to work.

Ty.

No 44 is required.  Try dialing the number with your landline phone, as that's what the panel is doing, but obv. when the call is answered, then the MODEM kicks in.

When performing the eng test, is the panel telecom module relay clicking off-hook ?   If not, then what is the eng menu 60 diags saying for the module ?

No 44 is required.  Try dialing the number with your landline phone, as that's what the panel is doing, but obv. when the call is answered, then the MODEM kicks in.

When performing the eng test, is the panel telecom module relay clicking off-hook ?   If not, then what is the eng menu 60 diags saying for the module ?

Thank GG,

Calling the number via landland works - modem starts, However eng2 - 61 Diagnostics only lists memory test, keypad comms, Rio comms, PSU comms and Max comms only, no tele module test present.

Can the test be performed via using eng test 56/1/8 or by setting the alrm off via intruder act?

Ty.

Archived