Security Installer Community

Needed Urgently, Where Can I Get One

PSE

LOL,,

I cant wait to feck it all off... 

£157,000,000

Is all mine on Tuesday.

Gonna buy/invest in all the businesses on here.

Then TELL the NSI and ACPO how we do things.

Oh well the first was a possible dream....................................

As is the second.....................

The third......................even I am not that deluded.

**** it, with the spare change open our own body of accreditation.

Might see some serious changes though.

Especially on here :P

saying that I have been installing again for the last 4 weeks due to having miles more work than we can cope with, and I love it.

Stuck in the office sorting sh!te is hard work..... I am just leaving all that office crap for my wife to sort out.

I tried getting out on the tools again for a few daysa week but its too hard to balance everything. I don't get the time to just get on with the job and enjoy it as I used to, phone ringing, emails & surveys etc just a head ache.

Makes two of us mate, make a good living but its a real hassle. So many easier things out there.

Top of the food chain makes some dosh, enough for a nice retirement.............not always.

On call with certain comps, you can earn very well, at the expense of a life and family. Been there, earn`t it -  and lost more than the money was worth in the end.

Bosses still happy though.

Such is life.

All you can do is be the best you can be.

Pass on knowledge to others coming up. Hopefully they will do better with some guidance.  Now my little pet project to take our slightly less confident apprentice to new levels. Mine I hasten to add. He is a nice lad who just needs a nudge in the right directions occasionally IMHO.

One thing I have never done is not try and help . In my early days some treated it like a closed shop. The "Magic Circle" especially the Locksmiths.

I think back and could have earned a lot more , of course in hindsight.

At least I like this , meeting new people and assisting them. Although not in sales now, do miss that.

Was nice the other day, when the old owner of my company mentioned he liked me and my skill set.

Always nice to be appreciated.

Even better to like what you are doing,

I digress.

It is a living I enjoy and know.

But sod letting my sons do it :P

Like you ox i agree.

I always try to show the lads stuff, i take calls from them everyday. My phones always on even when im not on call.

I will show them things even if they dont ask, and always try to explain why/how things work rather than "put that wire in that terminal".

I met a couple of guys from essex on a training course a couple of years ago and they were bragging about how they wern't going to tell any of the others how to use the kit, they were going to show them the minimum and keep the more valuble knowledge for themselves.

I think thats a poor attitude to adopt and if thats how you stay at the top of your chain (by being restrictive with information to your collegues) then it only shows weakness imo.

saying that I have been installing again for the last 4 weeks due to having miles more work than we can cope with, and I love it.

Stuck in the office sorting sh!te is hard work..... I am just leaving all that office **** for my wife to sort out.

That rings so many bells.

I don't do any on the tools stuff now but when the summerhouse was put up I enjoyed so much fitting the alarm to it. I feel most of the time a babysitter and its no fun. I wonder if engineers can ever adapt to office life?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Top of the food chain makes some dosh, enough for a nice retirement.............not always.

On call with certain comps, you can earn very well, at the expense of a life and family. Been there, earn`t it -  and lost more than the money was worth in the end.

Bosses still happy though.

Such is life.

All you can do is be the best you can be.

Pass on knowledge to others coming up. Hopefully they will do better with some guidance.  Now my little pet project to take our slightly less confident apprentice to new levels. Mine I hasten to add. He is a nice lad who just needs a nudge in the right directions occasionally IMHO.

One thing I have never done is not try and help . In my early days some treated it like a closed shop. The "Magic Circle" especially the Locksmiths.

I think back and could have earned a lot more , of course in hindsight.

At least I like this , meeting new people and assisting them. Although not in sales now, do miss that.

Was nice the other day, when the old owner of my company mentioned he liked me and my skill set.

Always nice to be appreciated.

Even better to like what you are doing,

I digress.

It is a living I enjoy and know.

But sod letting my sons do it :P

Met so many guys like this. I really don't see the point. I happily share anything I know with any other engineer.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived