Security Installer Community

Working Hours And Rest Time

abbz

lie,where do i lie ox,there not many billy bull shitters on here as good as you my friend..getting back to rest time i have at times took more than the rest time im entitled too on the basis that i still felt too tired,a rather senisble approach in my book,and yes i still got paid by the co who would rather that happen than i come in and be a danger and at times when ive been out all night im told not to come in at all and still get paid..it makes sence ox and you know it..

A typical reply from you I see.

Show me some BS.

You still have not woken up have you, seems a stupor is your natural state.

Try running a small business.

Being a small cog in a big machine is all fair and well. But the way this is going you will never understand anyway.

A typical reply from you I see.

Show me some BS.

You still have not woken up have you, seems a stupor is your natural state.

Try running a small business.

Being a small cog in a big machine is all fair and well. But the way this is going you will never understand anyway.

sorry ox i forgot,youve seen it done it and still got nowhere...lifes a bitch....so would you force employees to work in dangerous conditions? tired or not..

And send children up chimneys.

You are not going to see anything but what you want to see. This has been obvious from the start. In fact from many posts ago.

You seem to be a self appointed do gooder who has no business sense.

And have now changed the subject, working in dangerous conditions is another subject. One I raised only last  week about a certain site, but nothing for you to worry about.

So which is it you want answering?

Dangerous conditions? As long as there is a adequate RA and the person is trained then there is no issue is there. But somehow I know you are going to argue the point.

For being tired, it is the operatives choice at the end of the day. As has been mentioned to you it is a little different in the real world, rather than your insular one.  But somehow I know you are going to argue the point.

Yes I have been about a bit and done a lot. No need to get jealous. It is not my fault you have decided to be a boring persona is it? But som.........................................

And send children up chimneys.

You are not going to see anything but what you want to see. This has been obvious from the start. In fact from many posts ago.

You seem to be a self appointed do gooder who has no business sense.

And have now changed the subject, working in dangerous conditions is another subject. One I raised only last  week about a certain site, but nothing for you to worry about.

So which is it you want answering?

Dangerous conditions? As long as there is a adequate RA and the person is trained then there is no issue is there. But somehow I know you are going to argue the point.

For being tired, it is the operatives choice at the end of the day. As has been mentioned to you it is a little different in the real world, rather than your insular one.  But somehow I know you are going to argue the point.

Yes I have been about a bit and done a lot. No need to get jealous. It is not my fault you have decided to be a boring persona is it? But som.........................................

instead of going off in an arf ramble,can you answer the question..whichi will expand,would you knowingly let an employee work while having little or no sleep even if he said he was fine

The question has been answered beforehand.

With both a Nationals perspective and a small companies.

Are you really this slow on the uptake? Is this your normal state?

You should go to bed now as Monday will be a struggle otherwise.

Do you have children?

If so do you remember when they were born?

Did you ever get up to feed/change/comfort them?

Were you that employee with little or no sleep going to work? Did your employer allow you to come to work?

The question has been answered beforehand.

With both a Nationals perspective and a small companies.

Are you really this slow on the uptake? Is this your normal state?

You should go to bed now as Monday will be a struggle otherwise.

Do you have children?

If so do you remember when they were born?

Did you ever get up to feed/change/comfort them?

Were you that employee with little or no sleep going to work? Did your employer allow you to come to work?

arf man,answer the question would you as a manager force someone to come into work after they had been on call the night before knowing they had been out and that they are tired through lack of sleep,lets take out the fact your a machine and dont need sleep..

You know as well as me you cannot force anyone to do anything.

So stop trying to look clever when all you are doing is running around in circles.

what circles are they ox,this thread went into rest time questions..

what circles are they ox,this thread went into rest time questions..

just to clarify..

We often talk of an employer's 'duty of care' to their employees. But just what does this duty consist of?

Employers have a duty of care to their employees, which means that they should take all steps which are reasonably possible to ensure their health, safety and wellbeing. Demonstrating concern for the physical and mental health of your workers shouldn't just be seen as a legal duty - there's a clear business case, too. It can be a key factor in building trust and reinforcing your commitment to your employees, and can help improve staff retention, boost productivity and pave the way for greater employee engagement.

Legally, employers must abide by relevant health & safety and employment law, as well as the common law duty of care. They also have a moral and ethical duty not to cause, or fail to prevent, physical or psychological injury, and must fulfil their responsibilities with regard to personal injury and negligence claims.

Requirements under an employer's duty of care are wide-ranging and may manifest themselves in many different ways, such as:

Clearly defining jobs and undertaking risk assessments

Ensuring a safe work environment

Providing adequate training and feedback on performance

Ensuring that staff do not work excessive hours

Providing areas for rest and relaxation

Protecting staff from bullying or harassment, either from colleagues or third parties

Protecting staff from discrimination

Providing communication channels for employees to raise concerns

Consulting employees on issues which concern them.

An employer can be deemed to have breached their duty of care by failing to do everything that was reasonable in the circumstances to keep the employee safe from harm. Employees also have responsibilities for their health and wellbeing at work - for example, they are entitled by law to refuse to undertake work that isn't safe without fear of disciplinary action.

Acas runs comprehensive training courses for employers in looking after the health and wellbeing of their employees. Visit the Acas training and business solutions section for more information.

Archived