Security Installer Community

Restrictions On Engineer Manuals And Codes

its a strange one this..cg is some joe public with a hobby/healthy interest in defeating alarms and everyone seem to bend over backwards to help..granted the lad is clever but should he be getting so much help? no one knows who he is really..all in public too..just a thought

Glad you`re not the only one sitting here wondering.

After the mentions about DIY.Not and the widespread freeness of information this is rather more disturbing.

its a strange one this..cg is some joe public with a hobby/healthy interest in defeating alarms and everyone seem to bend over backwards to help..granted the lad is clever but should he be getting so much help? no one knows who he is really..all in public too..just a thought

I for one would rather know or at least have doubts if the gear I choose to recommend has issues. cg has to be public, may be trade I don't know, but without vetting info he has to stay public.

I do have confidence in the kit I choose and id be happy for cg to tell me if it has any flaws or anyone else for that matter. We have no genuine open and fair reviewing system for kit here, we either read and believe the magazines that review the gear of the people that advertise with them, believe the manufacturer and their self certificate, or test it ourselves. None of those seem ideal to me.

The idea of a forum is to pool skills etc for everyones benefit. I see what cg is doing as valid and usefull info. Id say he knows more than both of us goncall put together on how to break an rf system at the level he is doing it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I for one would rather know or at least have doubts if the gear I choose to recommend has issues. cg has to be public, may be trade I don't know, but without vetting info he has to stay public.

I do have confidence in the kit I choose and id be happy for cg to tell me if it has any flaws or anyone else for that matter. We have no genuine open and fair reviewing system for kit here, we either read and believe the magazines that review the gear of the people that advertise with them, believe the manufacturer and their self certificate, or test it ourselves. None of those seem ideal to me.

The idea of a forum is to pool skills etc for everyones benefit. I see what cg is doing as valid and usefull info. Id say he knows more than both of us goncall put together on how to break an rf system at the level he is doing it.

i agree hes way beyond me technical wise,but something doesnt sit right tbh,he should be trade with the knowledge but its the trust gaining that helps people get the knowledge they need,im probably totally wrong,,

I hear you, but you really think with his level of knowledge the questions he is asking us mere installers he couldn't find out if he really wanted to? Plus our standards are freely available to anyone that identifies tons of issues, especially with regards confirmation.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I hear you, but you really think with his level of knowledge the questions he is asking us mere installers he couldn't find out if he really wanted to?

its exactly what he is doing

+1. The IT world has a method for addressing these issues and generally they are quite freely available however alarm companies seem edgy about doing the same when our products protect far less than some IT kit does.

its exactly what he is doing

Thought of it another way. He can give us information that we weren't aware of and aren't bright enough to figure out to allow us to go to all these manufacturers we trust to get them addressed? Seems some of them have left us wide open for years and non of us bright enough to figure it out. I think CG has done us all a favour.

Nope, trade is trade, its not based on knowledge level. Its based on being actively professional in the security or fire sector.

With the nature of his work I doubt he will be sending in a scan of his ID badge :D

Archived