Security Installer Community

Restrictions On Engineer Manuals And Codes

The risks are the issue cb.

If you have a look I published our RA app in the downloads section that asks questions and gives a risk score. This then as guidance offers a grade. might be 2b might be 3c. Depends on the risks of the site.

There is a need for higher grades but it does depend on what you do. We protect some very high risk stuff and I have done a risk assessment that called for a grade 4 system. This had to be mitigated as it was not possible due to kit but the RA still stands.

Have a play with it and use some real world examples and you will see what I mean

Please don't try and reverse engineer it lol, it was an in house tool originally.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

:)

So I'd heard, from someone who does the physical security side, that ATM kiosk/secure room alarms seem to have the same issue with default codes. There could be any number of people needing to access the site from several different companies (ATM engineers, telco engineers, CIT etc.) and it's hard managing so many users across so many sites.

Being able to disable the alarm in one of these would make stealing the cash, far, far easier.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

Being able to disable the alarm in one of these would make stealing the cash, far, far easier.

ATM was the prize for the masked sensors, IMHO there's a much easier vulnerability to exploit but billy the burglar went low tech.

Damaged sensors replaced with anti mask + DT in roof void, + stand alone smoke cloak done by 3rd party

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I'm kind of struggling to see what the point of the higher grade alarms is then, if all the additional functionality doesn't actually protect against any real world risk? Surely the insurers can't have defined grades that are totally pointless?

Like we went over last time if you had something of such value that required protection by a grade 4 alarm then the people privy to the knowledge of what you have is very, very limited. The whole grade 4 aspect is designed to stop the level of thief as described in grade 1/2 from making any real headway into the system/building without creating havoc and causing a signal to be sent.

What is the point of any alarm system when a gun in the small of someones back will open every door you need?

Why do you think the smash and grab robbery's up here in the last few months have been during the day whilst the place was open? Alarms no good to anyone if the bugger has been set bar a PA.

As much as I hate insurers the risks serve as a general guideline. An alarm system is taken in to account as part of the general insurance scheme. 

There was a spate of daylights robberies in these parts forcing the customer to switch off their alarm before stealing from the house.

Arc was non the wiser if they didn't manage to push a PA. duress codes were programmed in to overcome it, thankfully they'd haven't been used yet.

Archived