Security Installer Community

Take Over And Service Aritech Ats 3000

Uslot

Can you explain templates and macros, I think I understand flags

I'll happily discuss on the phone if you want to PM me your number. There's a whole lot of other topics to cover, especially if you've got 4 door controllers on the system.

I wouldn't recommend you even breathe near the panel until you have a good plan on how you're going to support it. If this is the only one you are looking at babysitting, coupled with its immense complexity and that Aritech will tell you to **** off if you call them may mean replacing it rather than trying to learn it maybe a good idea.

It's a very sinking feeling when the customer tries to arm it, it won't and that there is no indication on the RAS as to the issue and you haven't got a clue what to do, and the usual going into engineers and out doesn't clear it.

Not trying to put you off, just trying to be honest that it isn't at all for the faint hearted. I love the panel to bits, but its a massive culture shock getting used to it.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

There's no point of having just the one on our books, least we can fully back this up

I can get round a basic CD panel, but this looks a different beast all together!

This was a 3000 with 3 expansion units housed inside the panel, i thought it was a nice neat lay out, even the pre made ribbon leads linking the expanders together was a nice touch.

Off it goes on the bay!

There's no point of having just the one on our books, least we can fully back this up

I can get round a basic CD panel, but this looks a different beast all together!

This was a 3000 with 3 expansion units housed inside the panel, i thought it was a nice neat lay out, even the pre made ribbon leads linking the expanders together.

Off it goes on the bay!

You can expand a 8 zone DGP by 8 zones up to 32 using those ats1202 cards. Nice on the pocket as they are only £20 each.

Joking aside it isn't the kind of product to have a handful of. It's a complete nightmare in the early days.

Same as when having a few.

RAS = no idea what is wrong on site.

RAS = Engineer has no idea what is going on, on site.

And they said the digital age would become easier!!

Not a MASive fan then? You can get the info out of a RAS (well the LCD ones anyway) but agreed it is a challenge. I always use the iPad even if on site.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

IPrat

IPric..........guess the rest.

Not saying something totally interactive, and with remote isn`t the way forward. But this IS old stuff still.

But end users NEED to see something not be told over a phone, otherwsie the maint will go west and the installs be by sparkies working to specs we ammend via PDF.

Maybe an engineer to commisssion ( Already had one convo tonight where that is possibly going to stop).

Are we working here to stop earning money?????????????????????????????????

Archived