Security Installer Community

Take Over And Service Aritech Ats 3000

Uslot

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

IPrat

IPric..........guess the rest.

Not saying something totally interactive, and with remote isn`t the way forward. But this IS old stuff still.

But end users NEED to see something not be told over a phone, otherwsie the maint will go west and the installs be by sparkies working to specs we ammend via PDF.

Maybe an engineer to commisssion ( Already had one convo tonight where that is possibly going to stop).

Are we working here to stop earning money?????????????????????????????????

I'd love to go to the good old days of profitable work, on site everything and all revenue that goes with it but it seems to being eroded where cheap and cheerful non compliant will do. I've seen first hand jobs that would be a definite high security eg grade 3 dual path be dwindled to a bells only. I had this sinario at a golf club in north Leeds last week and it included the pro shop to my jaw dropping amazement . The whole industry we love was really built around insurance driven requirement rather than an end user lives us requirement. If the insurers don't see us as value anymore, why does the end user need us or our approvals? R8 and a master blaster with possibly a speech dialler and bobs your uncle.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Question.

If we all believe so much in what we tell our customers, why doesn't every engineer have sequentially confirmed alarms in their house ( set from outside of course ) with a urn and grade 4 dual signalling?

With the police as useless as they are, what does selling police response as a benefit and the associated costs do for the end user? I'd be much happier with a bit of 3 by 2.

I see the Irony your injecting here. ( 7 Iron :P )

Especially the Golf Club syndrome. Having worked on many and especially the "Pro" shops.

Errrrr, Not trade here so will stop on the Golf  and Pro shop theme. Especially memthods now used for them.

I have signaling, keyholders within eye sight. Let alone the sounders.

I am lucky.

I do believe what we sell is peace of mine and insurance cover.

A way of deterring theives, not only ( As most miss here and is a real pain in the backside for me) electronically but with physical deterrants. If it be locks, glass film or grilles and gates.

I know some will say if it is that bad then leave.

But it is bad in little villages and major cities AND I have lived in both.

Prevention is as they say better than cure.

There are many leaflets and other from local Police plus their officers who can visit.

Then professional companies like us who can also assist and provide more security.

A confirmed alarm will get Police assistance in its priority at the time. A rape ( sorry to use such a bad word) will come before an intrusion.

The end users knows this.

As they sign to when accepting the monitoring agreement.

As for a bit of 3 by 2,  I have no need, I am enough.

But a bit of 3 by 2 when you`re at work is useless.

I see the Irony your injecting here. ( 7 Iron :P )

Especially the Golf Club syndrome. Having worked on many and especially the "Pro" shops.

Errrrr, Not trade here so will stop on the Golf and Pro shop theme. Especially memthods now used for them.

I have signaling, keyholders within eye sight. Let alone the sounders.

I am lucky.

I do believe what we sell is peace of mine and insurance cover.

A way of deterring theives, not only ( As most miss here and is a real pain in the backside for me) electronically but with physical deterrants. If it be locks, glass film or grilles and gates.

I know some will say if it is that bad then leave.

But it is bad in little villages and major cities AND I have lived in both.

Prevention is as they say better than cure.

There are many leaflets and other from local Police plus their officers who can visit.

Then professional companies like us who can also assist and provide more security.

A confirmed alarm will get Police assistance in its priority at the time. A rape ( sorry to use such a bad word) will come before an intrusion.

The end users knows this.

As they sign to when accepting the monitoring agreement.

As for a bit of 3 by 2, I have no need, I am enough.

But a bit of 3 by 2 when you`re at work is useless.

Oops didn't notice we were in public. I think your right that it is an evolution. There will always be alarms, just I don't believe in the current format of NSI / urn etc. I think products such as bandit fog and physical security are things we need to sell as the alarm only detects when someone is in and as you say, prevention is better than cure. God knows how anyone in Kent sells police response as the local roz have indicated even confirmed alarms are no longer immediate response but within the hour.

This is the trick.

Physical security combined with electronic.

Too many here ( As we have the other "pros" here) seem to forget the physical side.

I`m not going to go into detail but some numpty toerags also know how to bypass some physical security. But when electronic combined with physical can almost stop almost the most determined in their endeavours.

This does not mean the end user lives in a cage.

But precautions have to be taken.

Another example although sad.  Baby attacked by FOX in cot.

So how did it get in?

Pick the lock?

Same difference, woman goes to shop for milk.

Leaves back door open.

Comes home with milk, and finds no Ipad, Ibook Ithing and purse.

P R E V E N T I O N

This is the trick.

Physical security combined with electronic.

Too many here ( As we have the other "pros" here) seem to forget the physical side.

I`m not going to go into detail but some numpty toerags also know how to bypass some physical security. But when electronic combined with physical can almost stop almost the most determined in their endeavours.

This does not mean the end user lives in a cage.

But precautions have to be taken.

Another example although sad.  Baby attacked by FOX in cot.

So how did it get in?

Pick the lock?

Same difference, woman goes to shop for milk.

Leaves back door open.

Comes home with milk, and finds no Ipad, Ibook Ithing and purse.

P R E V E N T I O N

Pick the lock, that's so funny. I'm one of those, always passed over the physical stuff because I know nothing about it but I think the time has come we should be offering both as one compliments the other.

Pick the lock, that's so funny. I'm one of those, always passed over the physical stuff because I know nothing about it but I think the time has come we should be offering both as one compliments the other.

And why I say so many here miss this aspect.

I started as a Locksmith and migrated to the electronic side.

With almost 30 yrs doing both I see both aspects more than some. And see how they can intergrate seemlessly.

Once we ( All whom offer a total package) understand this, then the battle against the cretins is more in the favour of the householder.

But as above we cannot stop the fools (Sorry Public) from leaving keys in locks, windows partiatially open and or a key under the flowerpot, to name a few.

As you suggest the two compliment eachother, and have done for years. Some either ignored it or were not aware. Thinking one would offset the other. NO, they ARE a combination. And with the new Tech now can be utilised even better.

Better stop before this becomes 5 pages !

Archived