Security Installer Community

Starting up on your own

Brian c

The very best of luck to you Bri. Seems a good plan you've got there.

On the vehicle front, just got a text from my Dad today, his new vehicle has arrived;

post-2915-1101522282_thumb.jpg

Bit of a flyer by all accounts, and solid too.

We'll see how long his stays in that shape once it's loaded up with boilers and cylinders!

I started out on my own in a similar fashion to you, but without the loan although I didn't have any overheads at the time. I was planning on advertising but never needed to. If I ever did a bit of local advertising I'd go for some local adverts in the PTA magazine or similar, that was usually all that was needed to keep me going.

Most important thing is the accountant, I started without one but once I got one sorted after a couple of years it made things a hell of a lot easier. I wished I'd had one from the start.

We'll see how long his stays in that shape once it's loaded up with boilers and cylinders!

32900[/snapback]

I'd imagine mine will end up the same!! :(

If I ever did a bit of local advertising I'd go for some local adverts in the PTA magazine or similar, that was usually all that was needed to keep me going.

32900[/snapback]

Thanks for that. Somone else, or maybe even yourself, has mentioned that before. Definitely give it a go. :)

Most important thing is the accountant, I started without one but once I got one sorted after a couple of years it made things a hell of a lot easier. I wished I'd had one from the start.

32900[/snapback]

I intend to have one sorted by the end of my first year, or maybe six months. I'll just make sure I keep paperwork for everything and keep it organised well.

If you don't know......ask.

Brian

Sincerely wish you every success. Im sure you wont need any help on the technical front, but if you need any guidance on the business side don’t hesitate to ask.

Best wishes, enjoy the xmas break

jef

Customers!

cheers lads. :D

Jef, no doubt I'll be taking you up on that offer. :)

Colin, I'd imagine I'll take work wherever I can get it to start with, within the North West, although I'll be concentrating on South Manchester (where I live) first.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived