Security Installer Community

Starting up on your own

Brian c

From the above i thought yell.com would be best, but ill wait a few months to see how it goes.

Ive thought about local paper advertising but can seem a bit tacky.

I might do a leaflet drop.

37728[/snapback]

my thoughts exactly

:)

If you don't know......ask.

For every 1000 leaflets you drop you might get 1 enquiry. Your gonna have to do a lot of walking for that.

I would have said an advert in the local free press would be worthwhile, but ive never tried it .....yet. When ive got some spare cash i intend to for domestic CCTV.

I dont like walking any great distances so point taken, it was just that a couple of lads on here had done it.

There is a trade section in the local with some decent colour adverts ill have a look into it, also there is a business supplement once a week with a local business directory in it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

For every 1000 leaflets you drop you might get 1 enquiry. Your gonna have to do a lot of walking for that.

I would have said an advert in the local free press would be worthwhile, but ive never tried it .....yet. When ive got some spare cash i intend to for domestic CCTV.

37736[/snapback]

B) Ian I can say that leaflet drops on the whole have proved very good for me. I have found that propertys less than 5 years old get the best result.

for every 100 on average I get 3 responses and 2 normaly end up as paying jobs. It may just be a battery change. (call out + battery)

My leaflets also include a £10 discount off any product or service provied by Team Security.

Sometimes though I have put out 5-600 and got nothing back. My best drop was a culdesack of 40 houses, I just happen to be passing and had 30 mins spare, so I pumped the leaflets in the letter boxs, In the next 5 weeks I picked up 5 new customers all under contract now, I had a fair bit to do with repairs and upgrade work on all 5 systems. It proved to be 30 mins well spent.

By the way I designed and printed the leaflets on my own computer and printed in black with my inkjet printer.(A5)

Adrian B)

Well, The weblink ad from yell.com went live today (early..was told feb).

How do I know this?? Because I checked it out after I received 3 phone calls from it!! :D (I asked where they got the number)

2 resulting in quotes!

I know it's only 1 day, but if it carries on like this, it's the only advertising I'll be doing1 ;)

If you don't know......ask.

Well, The weblink ad from yell.com went live today (early..was told feb).

How do I know this?? Because I checked it out after I received 3 phone calls from it!! :D (I asked where they got the number)

2 resulting in quotes!

I know it's only 1 day, but if it carries on like this, it's the only advertising I'll be doing1 ;)

38055[/snapback]

good luck with the venture bri....but one thing watch for those early quotes,dont give too much away as they may be the other co's in the area checking you out with false leads what gear you use/charge etc...it does happen so try and suss em out i sure youd tell if they seem to be wasting your time ask who else has quoted etc

Archived