Security Installer Community

Manuals

matthew.brough

I have an extensive range of manuals that I've collected over the years, circa 10,000 the majority of which are intruder. I have begun uploading them to the website, but as there isn't a bulk upload facility, it may take a few months to get them all up.

In the meantime, if there is a manual that you can't find feel free to PM me and if I have it, I'll happily share.

As well as putting them on here, if there is a desire from anyone for the full collection I'll happily put them on my web server so you can download the full collection. I think this is around 18gb last count I had.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an extensive range of manuals that I've collected over the years, circa 10,000 the majority of which are intruder. I have begun uploading them to the website, but as there isn't a bulk upload facility, it may take a few months to get them all up.

In the meantime, if there is a manual that you can't find feel free to PM me and if I have it, I'll happily share.

Thanks for you efforts.

I think this issue has been stopping people from doing this before.

There are a load of manuals on the old FTP site that need migrating too.

As well as putting them on here, if there is a desire from anyone for the full collection I'll happily put them on my web server so you can download the full collection. I think this is around 18gb last count I had.

DA Ensign please. :-)

Thanks. The original posts seem a long time ago so I'm presuming that no one else is on with getting them on the new forum?

If not I'm happy to compare the old with the new, create a super manuals collection, upload them to the new website and to create a master download if someone wants to pull all the manuals down but don't don't want to tread on anyone elses toes if they are already doing it?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Thanks. The original posts seem a long time ago so I'm presuming that no one else is on with getting them on the new forum?

If not I'm happy to compare the old with the new, create a super manuals collection, upload them to the new website and to create a master download if someone wants to pull all the manuals down but don't don't want to tread on anyone elses toes if they are already doing it?

It was my intention to start to do it a while ago.

Never got round to it TBH.

It was the hand balling everything one by one that stopped me starting, plus I only had a laptop at the time.

James is the one to ask.

I did start, but James kept saying he uploaded them !!!!

We have gone thru this before and I started a "Engineers USB" , still in progress actually and can make the time to sort out uploaded stuff if needed (James take note, access to a manuals area with rights to move and organise I can do if needed as we discussed b4).

Ok

6wb, matt and oxo are now manual mods.

You can edit, approve, move, rename etc.

Ideally id like the files to have screenshots of the frontcover too but i accept this is more work and id rather have the files without the screenshots than no file.

I will still have to create the catagories though.

Bear in mind the engineer manual areas are restricted to trade members other areas are not.

Ta

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Surely you can break down into manufacturers?

That would suffice.

I dont mind moving them about into the right shape. If others have them mixed about slightly.

For instance I could upload (If it let me ) all Menvier/Scantronic in the right sequence in one go. No need to mess about.

BPT will be a PITA but I can simplify that easy enough.

Ideally id like the files to have screenshots of the frontcover too but i accept this is more work and id rather have the files without the screenshots than no file.

I have started to add file images since moving to Ubuntu.

You can open the first page of the PDF in GIMP and export as a .jpg, easy.

Archived