Security Installer Community

Van Signage

wilks121

tbh wilks its standard practice,my mate does this sort of thing and ive seen him use a stanley when doing bigger stuff,it doesnt or shouldnt cut down to the metal thats where the skill comes in,its not like thier stripping swa O_O ,any slight marks should t-cut out,they would have no work if every job turned to rust..

I've had my graphics chap trim the strips on a van to be correct using a stanley knife w/o marking the paint, earlier today I watched a number of youtube vids of guys doing wraps & german guy wrapping a 1 series with an arizona desert image & he banging on about "do not kut on ze paint worx" 

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

He needes to get it checked with the dealers/manufacturers, THEN if its as shoddy as it sounds he sues or gets the signwriters to pay. Otherwise he may get fobbed off.

And good you`re able to strip and terminate without damaging the conductors.

PS. Concentric is a bit harder to work with. Less tollerance :P

:D

He needes to get it checked with the dealers/manufacturers, THEN if its as shoddy as it sounds he sues or gets the signwriters to pay. Otherwise he may get fobbed off.

And good you`re able to strip and terminate without damaging the conductors.

PS. Concentric is a bit harder to work with. Less tollerance :P

:D

thats just fancy beldon mate,swa is a mans cable you have to fight it :boxing:

thats just fancy beldon mate,swa is a mans cable you have to fight it :boxing:

What do you think "Concentric" is then?

Think of another "Earthing method".

But here is a clue  "Fixed Wiring and Mains Cables - SPLIT CONCENTRIC - Plain annealed stranded copper phase conductor, XLPE insulated surrounded by a concentric layer of plain annealed solid copper neutral conductors. XLPE insulated and plain annealed solid strand bare copper earth conductors, PVC outer sheath. Black. 600/1000 volts grade to BS7870."

And as Norm says, "it is through the paintwork".

Your not reading the "facts" nor know what your talking about calling the above "Belden".

Sorry to burst your bubble there.

But lets keep on the facts here.

IT NEEDS A DEALER VISIT

What do you think "Concentric" is then?

Think of another "Earthing method".

But here is a clue  "Fixed Wiring and Mains Cables - SPLIT CONCENTRIC - Plain annealed stranded copper phase conductor, XLPE insulated surrounded by a concentric layer of plain annealed solid copper neutral conductors. XLPE insulated and plain annealed solid strand bare copper earth conductors, PVC outer sheath. Black. 600/1000 volts grade to BS7870."

And as Norm says, "it is through the paintwork".

Your not reading the "facts" nor know what your talking about calling the above "Belden".

Sorry to burst your bubble there.

But lets keep on the facts here.

IT NEEDS A DEALER VISIT

chill man oxo,as a sparky of course i know whan concentric is,was having a laugh calling it beldon,if the knife is thru the paint work he needs to speak to sign writer i agree..

merry xmas

eng :xmas:

Ahh, the joke was a tad lost in the translation.

Glad we know the difference,

But he needs to speak to the DEALER to see if the warranty has been broken.

Then the so called Sign Writer.

And of course Happy Xmas, a fellow Eng,

Archived