Security Installer Community

Van Signage

wilks121

Just had my new van half wrapped. Notices some additional stanley knife cuts along the trimmings.

Spoke to the fitters who admitted thats how its done, stick it on and trim after. Dosn't seem right adding some not so nice slits onto a new van, and it is through the paintwork. Anybody else had any dealing with this?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will look gash when removed, that's if the water doesn't remove it first, I'd ring round for some more opinions 1st but I would not be happy if they did not advise prior to slashing up your van.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Actually if you resell the van, after removing if not prior there will be rust.

They have broken the barrier even if galvanasied.

Even if keeping which you will for at least 3 years I assume it will rust.

Fozzies is correct.

I suggest a visit to the makers and see if the paint warranty has been broken. If so then they owe you a respray by the factory or a new van.

tbh wilks its standard practice,my mate does this sort of thing and ive seen him use a stanley when doing bigger stuff,it doesnt or shouldnt cut down to the metal thats where the skill comes in,its not like thier stripping swa O_O ,any slight marks should t-cut out,they would have no work if every job turned to rust..

So you cut and mark the conductor when using a stanly?

Cutters do the job, although I know a stanly is an acknowledged tool on SWA.

But to even hit the conductor?

If you think that is good then it is not a wonder you think this bit of ***** work is allowed.

And trust me I have jointed, terminated and sealed enough SWA to know, and that includes stuff the size of your leg.

So you cut and mark the conductor when using a stanly?

Cutters do the job, although I know a stanly is an acknowledged tool on SWA.

But to even hit the conductor?

If you think that is good then it is not a wonder you think this bit of ***** work is allowed.

And trust me I have jointed, terminated and sealed enough SWA to know, and that includes stuff the size of your leg.

ive no doubt you have terminated many a swa oxo,but there no danger of hitting the conductor when stripping,the armour gets in the way... O_O

Archived