Security Installer Community

Hello - New Company - New Career

Highdown

just quoted to replace a pyronix yesterday.  brand new house, they been in 2 days and i'm telling them their sparky installed paragon with pyronix bells and pyronix detectors is utter kak.

We've just done the same. One of the nicest houses I've worked in and the spark had fitted a Sterling 10, several Colt PIRs on the same zone, about 8 smoke detectors on the same zone and 6 (yes 6!) loud speakers dotted around as part of the "fire alarm". It won't surprise anyone to say there were about 10 blown fuses inside the panel and most of the speakers had been subsequently disconnected due to the alarm load being stupidly high.

Trade Member

Are you sure? Secom use the Matrix which was/is a pyronix version of a castle. I have a few on the shelf and fitted a couple for rellis

They used to, for abt.5mins. Heard they have been replacing them FoC for the PCX256 now.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

PCX and matrix are same animal AFAIK

They're not by any means. The PCX is streets ahead of the Matrix.

Want a manual to look at?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

They're not by any means. The PCX is streets ahead of the Matrix.

Want a manual to look at?

no thx. I'm not likely or keen to explore. I do have a PCX boxed up here and all the exspander and readers etc have been used on castle installs. I have a matrix which was designed for BS8418 CCTV and it appears to be based on the same platform. My mistake.

Customers!

Archived