Security Installer Community

Client Bullies

JasonOfOz

It's amazing to find that as grown ups in business and in life, bullies still exist!

All this talk about "partnership", "cooperation" and "team work" seems to be lip service when it comes to dealing with large companies on complex projects.

What's disappointing is that they can't hide behind the large company excuse - after all, people are its culture and it is individuals choosing to be that way.

I understand that our Clients are under pressure to deliver. After all, we all have a boss to report to. But surely there's no need to demean, embarrass or threaten to get something done is there?

With a few large projects under our belt now, I'm beginning to think that the carrot is just dangling in front of you, mostly to pay you for the uncessary abuse one must take to work on these projects.

Life is too short to work with these people. Sad part is, we all have to do it at some point.

Oh...no not that bad!

Although these days it's more likely to get kicked off site for H&S breaches - which is fair enough in some cases.

This is just because our Client is behind and they're passing the s**t down hill.

Am I the only one who believes that working together happy achieves better results than working because you are forced to?

Barred for telling the head of security of Uni of Herts that if he swore at me again at 3am it would be the last thing he ever did again. (I could have done a RR but he said you`re ******* coming here as we are on a gold package").

No loss

Always try to get on with others around on site. As you say makes it better for everyone.

Sorry, it was just a rant.....

We are commissioning a project at present. It's almost at technical handover stage.

As usual we have been asked to start commissioning but when the client doesn't provide you with power, it makes it a bit more challenging.

So after weeks of asking for power, suddenly they provide it and blame us for not delivering on time.

Another situation involves O&Ms, which are normally submitted after the project. In this case they are asking for drafts, which is fine but they were never asked for at tender stage and therefore time (and cost) to put drafts together was never accounted for.

These are just some of the small minded, trivial things created by individuals who can look through a keyhole with both eyes at the same time!

To top it off, everyone is cc'd in except the Pope to make us look like we're incompetant and irresponsible...

Look, I don't mind taking the heat for things but give me the courtesy of a heads up that we need to take some things on the chin to make our client look a bit better - happy to do that.

What I resent is being a punching bag!

LOL

So the MD is barred from site, thats fecking hilarious :lol:

Funny thing is they asked for our office number so they could have there beef with my boss, I just give them our number and went on my way.

Archived