Security Installer Community

Engineer/installer Feedback Req'd For New Product

spike27

yeah great, I've asked both ADI & Risco.... & are still spacerless

They've both had them in the past, so not sure what the problem is there. In the meantime, the product spec is here:

http://www.knightfireandsecurity.com/view_item.asp?id=329

Youtube video guide below, showing how the rubber spacer can also resolve all metal floor issues on G3 installs:

Installed 4 today.

Job done and the contact threw out a tamper for no reason.

Did all the usual cable tests then replaced the contact and meaasurements came back fine.

Just connected the faulty contact up on a test bench and after about 20mins another tamper with the contact closed, reset the panel and opened and shut contact, all is fine then after about 10mins with the contact open the bloody thing goes into tamper.

And just to make matter worse im on call this weekend :angry2:

!

Installed 4 today.

Job done and the contact threw out a tamper for no reason.

Did all the usual cable tests then replaced the contact and meaasurements came back fine.

Just connected the faulty contact up on a test bench and after about 20mins another tamper with the contact closed, reset the panel and opened and shut contact, all is fine then after about 10mins with the contact open the bloody thing goes into tamper.

And just to make matter worse im on call this weekend :angry2:

Firstly, what product codes are these?

Secondly, definately sound like faulty contacts from your description but we'd need to get them back to see what's going on inside. PM your address and we can start the ball rolling.

Spike,

These are the YF10C Roller Contacts.

I will have to send back to Risco tbh to get a credit note.

Never really had an issue with the new Knights contacts etc so were happy.

Ok - I'll also ask for these back personally from RISCO so we can have a good look and get the meter on them etc.

We were having some issues out in the field with the YF10C, and when we visited the sites, we found that it wasn't a metal floor, but a metal reinforced floor - invisible to the eye obviously, so had us baffled initially! This led us to the SPA-RS shown above and in the youtube video, and has all but eliminated problems from metal surfaces on G3 installs altogether. This would happen with any manufacturer as it's simply a case of basic scientific principles. Magnetic fields are affected by magnetic surfaces (Operating gap is reduced to a couple of mm from around 35mm) so this could be the issue here. Have you tried them with the spacer?

If not, then we recommend you try them out. We have also made a recent modification to improve the lateral tolerance of the unit - this has now been vastly increased. PM your address and we'll send you a couple of the modified ones (YF10Cii - essentially just a version 2) as that is all I can think of, other than a faulty unit of course. This does happen occasionally out of the 1000s we ship every week unfortunately, despite our very tight QA procedures.

I'll also send a pack of spacers as your feedback on both would be very welcome.

p.s. thanks for the positive feedback on the other contacts you use

Never having used the SPA-RS sheild/spacer. How does it stand up to being driven over? Do the screw not get "Twisted" or damaged?

As for magnets and surrounding surfaces, always been an issue where demagnesation and or reduction takes place.

Archived