Security Installer Community

Outdoor Motion Detection Alert

PhilA

I am very new to the burglar alarm industry but I guess with all things I get obsessed with I'll hopefully pick it up quickly. After living in my current house for 15 years I've finally decided to get an alarm since there have been a string of break-ins in my neighbourhood.

After much research I brought the: PK5 - Infinite Prime Wireless Burglar Alarm System With Texecom Odyssey Bell Box And a GSM Wireless Communication Module

Link here: Electronics Line Wireless INFP-KITPR-PET KIT

Should be delivered any time in the next couple of days.

Now my question is, is there some sort of addon I can buy where I have sensors outside around my house, and if motion is detected, the control panel which has a built in sound module gives a beep sound like when you walk into a some shops and open the door.

Is it possible to incorporate something like this into my alarm system and if so what exactly would I need to purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

If you really want notification of "things" moving around outside your property then your best bet in my opinion would be a GJD lighting system. Easy to set up and use and quite flexible with the programming. You could even run them without the lights and just have the PIRs if you wanted to. They will be triggered by cats and the like though. If you don't want any false alarms you could look into a set of active beams, but it all adds to the cost...

Trade Member

Or sit outside all night.

Seriously there is detection out there, but once you start filtering out factors then you lose the detection you want.

Beams being a starting point, but the cost is going up.

Sling a big fence around and use analytical detection. Just like Buckingham Palace.

Even then the Queen gets a visitor at night (Okay was yrs back and detection is far better now).

Down to how many spare pennies you have.

Archived