Security Installer Community

Assa Abloy Aperio On Glass Doors

james.wilson

Not at all I'm just realistic, I have only ever known one or two engineers that are of the level you are talking about. Most can't and the others are too lazy to make the effort to learn the other disciplines they lack.

There are a lot about but most just talk the talk and possibly get something working. The realy good ones are self employed or use their talents for more gainful employment.The best way is to train your own which is where i think we have been fortunate. As one national employer said to me he would be happy to take my engineers all day everyday ****.

Customers!

Some also had certain situations preventing what you say. And a secure job paying every week with a small new family was the better way to go. More gainful is the way forward and , well you never know.

Ox,

Im not and never will knock employment v running your own buisness and if you ever read anything hinting the contry it wasnt from me. To summarise i am self employed and have my own buisness. In hindsight i would NEVER have taken this route and given the chance again. I would have joined the RAF got a trade and then gone for gainfull employment. Self employment for the most part is IMO a game for mugs.

The price is to high.

Customers!

Ox,

Im not and never will knock employment v running your own buisness and if you ever read anything hinting the contry it wasnt from me. To summarise i am self employed and have my own buisness. In hindsight i would NEVER have taken this route and given the chance again. I would have joined the RAF got a trade and then gone for gainfull employment. Self employment for the most part is IMO a game for mugs.

The price is to high.

I agree to a point, but you need to do that in order to find out. If I was to do it again I think I would atleast have worked my way up at a national and done it all later in life, with a nice list of customers to go at as well!

Archived