Security Installer Community

Landmark On Watchdog

PeterJames

Why? So they can say "look, these guys have third party accreditation and can still get away with this!" it's one thing to be **** and claim certification then there's another to have it and flout the living daylights out of it.

Let's be honest here, if it wasn't for urns and insurers NSI and SSAIB wouldn't exist.

I agree with the latter.

Perhaps a good "outing" on the Beeb would finally get the organisations houses into some sort of order. Rather than charging so much for certificates and walking about "holier than thou".

No doubt going to be pulled for this, but sometimes they pull up stupid sh1te on an inspection when the real stuff done well they bypass.

One here has fobbed off another body, which I find rather strange!

It is worth highlighting to the beeb still now as they will no doubt have received a lot more complaints form others affected following the broadcast.

Usually on the next episode they will mention it again stating further complaints received and any resolution - If no resultion (as likely the case here) then Watchdog love stating how they have taken further action and escalated it or had a response from an authority.

Good work guys and a well worded message Peter,

Joe

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

I agree with the latter.

One here has fobbed off another body, which I find rather strange!

Any form of regulation where the person being audited chooses where to submit for an audit is just utter pointless. If I know I have 97 rough jobs and 3 decent jobs I'll obviously show them the three and say no access to the others. It is just bonkers. I know a lot of people here would gladly let people pick any site that they have carried out work on but as watchdog proves we seem to be in a smaller minority since the recession all started.

Same 3 every inspection?

But I know its easy to do so, as you have to prearrange with the customer.

Only one company I know of did not mind which was chosen, in fact the more complex were ofter used.

Others god knows how they chose, as I cannot see how any would have gotten less than the max deviations.

Same 3 every inspection?

But I know its easy to do so, as you have to prearrange with the customer.

Only one company I know of did not mind which was chosen, in fact the more complex were ofter used.

Others god knows how they chose, as I cannot see how any would have gotten less than the max deviations.

Different per inspection but again as you say it's very easy to pull the wool over the inspectorates eyes and make a very nice margin on bodging all your other work. What's going to happen? someone take it over and report your work to the inspectorate? nah just rip out, slag off and charge again. It should be the inspectorate that says "right, I want to access to this this and this and if you can't get access within a reasonable timescale you'll be docked one for every occurance" I have not had one client yet that has out and out refused to let me or any of our representatives onto their site at some point. and why should they?

IMHO if the inspectorate is such an integral part of our industry it should be paid for by those that are demanding it. The insurers. Because frankly they are the only ones that ask for it and see a purpose for it. I certainly can't.

I might sound bad here but most inspectors love talking about what they have done with the big nationals with the big celebs they have fitted alarm for?

We do fit to the regs but why have the inspectorates?

After 6 years surely it's just a 2 hour tick, tick as per last year and job done?

I'm going to ask about landmark and see what he says?.......,...... Rem after our on site inspection as I don't want to piss him off! Lol

!

IMHO if the inspectorate is such an integral part of our industry it should be paid for by those that are demanding it. The insurers. Because frankly they are the only ones that ask for it and see a purpose for it. I certainly can't.

Now that I like :D

Dont ask for it anymore.

While not perfect its better than no inspection. The biggest problem imo is having 2. daft situation. If one kicks out a firm they can run to the other.

Part of the cert revenue should go into a pot and be used to fix issues. Not like landmark they just need stopping, but to fix the non compliant etc. Also have a means to claim back from the company at fault.

Needs a shakeup so we o back to core values. The current situation is a mess

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived