Security Installer Community

Adt Quickconnect

jpc

I sometimes think you could be the son of Arf.

Who you talking about Norm ? Me or Oxo.

Your more likely to be that.

Probably have a box of neons which you give out as prize of the month for bad wiring. (See other post with Aunty Bellbox).

Nothing wrong with Neons, they make good terminal drivers :thumbsup::proud:

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Hmm: Illegal ? maybe somebody could explain that 1 to me ? when did they pass a Law making them Illegal ? If you look on the NIC website you'll see Toolkits that include a Neon. Neons are only Dangerous when you use them to test live mains, when you use them as a Terminal screwdriver on a panel they're not dangerous but fit the terminals perfectly & the pocket clip makes them easy to keep on you. I was'nt advocating use on Live Mains just saying they make good terminal drivers.

Take the article as it is intended.

In practice I have seen a "European" gas safe "Engineer" tell me that a 17th edition board was not correctly earthed and the cross bonding was live.

And he came to this conclusion with..................................yep a Neon driver.

Was rather amusing watching him shuffle across a nylon carpet and touching things with the neon. Even the plastic pipes were live.

So as the article says there is "question" about their use and they are banned in workshops IIRC.

Take this as you see fit, but you will never see one in my tool bag nor anyone being trained by myself, Nor will I accept someone telling me a circuit is dead if they use one.

Ox where's this going mate, no one said they were using them on Live mains. I'll say again they make a good terminal screwdriver, did'nt say anything else so what's the problem ? As I said earlier look at the NIC website shop, you'll see toolkits there that include a Neon ( Unless they suddenly changed things) I can't see the NIC selling them if they were illegal can you ?

Archived