Security Installer Community

Adt Quickconnect

jpc

You know, I said I used a NEON as a TERMINAL SCREWDRIVER not as a Tester for LIVE MAINS if that in your eye's makes me a Mong well whoopy doo da. How the hell has this htread deteriorated from a simple question & observation ?

Thanks Norm: I don't do Fire so don't take much interest in anything to do with it :D

Not worth getting too defensive about it.

The problem stems from an ex member on here from essex. The tool tried his damnedest to have us all believe neons were perfectly safe for ALL things electrical - and no, he isn't a sparky..

He often tried turning the argument to accusing those who disagreed with him of saying they were illegal, when what was actually said is non compliant/potentially dangerous/etc.

No, they are not illegal, but try using one on your test and inspection practical. Don't bother asking if you passed though.

Cubit, I totally agree with you mate & don't use them for anything other than a Terminal driver. Personally I prefer proper test equipment, I value my safety too much to play about & a long time ago when they were the In thing I had a shock through a brand new Neon. Bought it from the wholesaler took it out of the pack & put in my pocket, got to a job about an hour later & went to use the Neon to test a switch. I got a fair zap through it, when we took the Neon apart it was soaking inside.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Archived