Security Installer Community

Adt Quickconnect

jpc

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just have a quick question.

I've seen the ADT QuickConnect system advertised (I know about the monitoring costs but I'm looking to keep the install costs to a minimum) on their website. With the system you get an "external decoy bell box" and, according to their website, the live siren is incorporated into the keypad.

My questions are:

• How loud is the siren?
  • Would it not be easy for the keypad to torn from the wall?
  • Which one is the siren from the picture (is it the first square box next to the keyfobs or is it the panel to the left of the decoy bell box)? I recognise the two PIR's, the four keyfobs and the door contact but the other item's a mystery.

I have telephoned ADT but their salesmen didn't know.

Thank you.

getimage.aspx.ID-45305.jpg

It dosent look like a great system to be honest, think you would be better off paying a bit extra for a good system while also cutting cost for monitoring and as stated above if you have a fault only adt can work on it, so will cost a fortune for call backs.

This is the bit I like

Important note – customers who have purchased the intruder product with smoke detection should be aware that the smoke detection system included with this product may not function should a fire burn through the cable to the system.

Nuff said, not a proper system, NO POLICE RESPONSE you would be better of paying outright for a local company i suggest you get some quotes, 36 month contract at £21.49 = £773.46 + your £99 install charge, and no proper outside siren, who will be your key holders? what happens when you are not home? So you are sat on the beach on holiday thousands of miles from home, your mobile phone rings, " Hello this is ADT your alarm is going off, can you go to your house and check please, if someone has broken in please call the police"

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

I would still get quotes from local independent installers, get two other quotes to compare with ADT, and don't forget the contract, monitoring fees, call-out fees and do you own the equipment, all of thee should be taken into account.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

I would still get quotes from local independent installers, get two other quotes to compare with ADT, and don't forget the contract, monitoring fees, call-out fees and do you own the equipment, all of thee should be taken into account.

I'm checking with Dyno alarms and Secom.

I know with ADT that you don't own the equipment; they quoted me an extra £13.40 pcm with DualCom which seems quite reasonable.

Do local installers act as intermediaries for the larger firms?

Do local installers act as intermediaries for the larger firms?

There was / is an ADT dealer system, however a local independent installer who's with the NSI / SSAIB will be able to offer a similar system with a Police URN

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived