Security Installer Community

Ssaib, Our First Visit Today

PSE

• 3 weeks later...

I just reading this. 

I got to admit this A*T have basically built there business on Brand Awareness,  I started out with them as a trainee and I remember in my training we got told.  We 98% of time gain a new customer based on our Brand.  On Domestic & SME work anyway.   Bigger work tended to be tender and was the £££s

Same goes for company I work for currently,  I reckon people pick us not for being a NSI Gold Member but due to we been in area for 20+ years and people know what we are like.   On more Commercial Jobs it is due to we got ISO and NSI Gold Award. 

I know our company recently fell out with SSIAB over a new alarm which we were fitting and it was Wireless and they never liked it for which our company simply said 'Well we won't be renewing our accreditation' 

Again some of you will think we are Cheap Undercutting Pricks but our guys who sign customers up do look at Features and Benefits. 

I would say to ALL you Small Guys. 

Scrap the Price! 

Sell on your Features and Benefits. 

So if A*T go to a job,  You go out quote them,  Build some good customer service and wow them about your company and the system. 

I know A*T guys come out with a Board of a very simple system and show the customer it.   Why don't you do the same. 

Your Features could be 'We are Local Company' 'We been in area for 15+ years and know the area very well'  or 'I installed Mrs XX 2 doors down alarm' and Your Alarm could be 'We use the latest alarm system with X, Y and Z.  You can do all this and it gives you all this,  You can control it via your iPhone and etc' 

But as everyone has said as an Engineer I actully get asked 'I seen this NSI Gold, What is it?'  I basically just say 'There a 3rd party organisation who ensure we are up to standard which 99% time we are and our own Inspectors randomly select work to check anyway'

Quite a bit more than £7.50 price increase me thinks

Sitting here, downing the local beer without a care in the world. I'm sitting here on the beach with the Atlantic Ocean just 10 metres away...

post-33861-0-34664800-1403452281_thumb.j

Quite a bit more than £7.50 price increase me thinks

Sitting here, downing the local beer without a care in the world. I'm sitting here on the beach with the Atlantic Ocean just 10 metres away...

Sure you're not on the balcony