Security Installer Community

Ssaib, Our First Visit Today

PSE

The SSAIB changed all that forever. NSIs view was that the company had I have substance, resource etc etc however SSAIB took the view as long as stan and his van could fit a system ok then the rest of the things didn't matter hence why we are where we are today.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

The SSAIB changed all that forever. NSIs view was that the company had I have substance, resource etc etc however SSAIB took the view as long as stan and his van could fit a system ok then the rest of the things didn't matter hence why we are where we are today.

So Golds didn't and don't go tits then?

They don't carry out sharp practices?

They don't countenance shoddy work?

So Golds didn't and don't go tits then?

They don't carry out sharp practices?

They don't countenance shoddy work?

Absolutely. In fact if we are talking about installation standards on the whole I think SSAIB firms will do dramatically better installs as they tend to be owner managed businesses and the owner tends to be good at the physical product but lacks the other side. Golds are generically better businesses but the install quality not so hot.

Not sure % wise many golds go bang compared to number of them approved

Absolutely. In fact if we are talking about installation standards on the whole I think SSAIB firms will do dramatically better installs as they tend to be owner managed businesses and the owner tends to be good at the physical product but lacks the other side. Golds are generically better businesses but the install quality not so hot.

Not sure % wise many golds go bang compared to number of them approved

I was commenting on the issues generally.

Unless you major on intruder, there is no benefit, indeed it is a pointless cost, being a member of an inspectorate.

Still, people start up companies - and fair play to them - chasing the dream and then sign up for a badge. How many of the companies that go tits were doomed to failure right from the off, irrespective of badge?

A lot. IMO the future is going to be more bigger firms running the show rather than a high number of one man bands. I agree the value of the badge is only intruder hence why we are removing CCTV/access/8418. I can see the days of removing intruder not far off. We have gone from an estate of 100% urn'd systems to around 20% now. Speaking with other installers they too don't have anywhere near the urn level that once was. Seems the end user and insurers don't see the value anymore

Absolutely. In fact if we are talking about installation standards on the whole I think SSAIB firms will do dramatically better installs as they tend to be owner managed businesses

I wouldnt go that far,good and bad in both from what I see