Security Installer Community

Ssaib, Our First Visit Today

PSE

The company I'm referring to is an approved company

Yes I know your is, but I'm not so its an uphill battle for me to try and suggest that approved isn't all its

cracked up to be, quality wise.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You're always going to get it though,

There is another SSAIB approved just a few miles away from me,  Not going to name the 3 lettered company, but easy to find on the SSAIB website.

Believe me, Nobody has seen rough until you've seen their work.... They get work purely on price only

They WILL undercut any quotation, Say and do whatever it takes to get the work.

The company is so feckin rough, I have picture proof of it and have reported some of it as I thought it was my duty to do so

When quoting within Staffordshire, I will always ask the client who else they have or are receiving quotes from before we waste our time

If they tell me that XXX is quoting, I just tell them straight and don't bother going out to it, its a waste of my time

Who in the right mind will install a Grade 2 commercial for £500 inc vat, Including monitoring....  All with Risco $hite

They are advertising grade 2 systems now, fully installed, for £300 inc Vat,

Not sure what happened, The customer jumped ship to us and we ripped out the Risco Poop and installed a Premier

Lets just say, Every single end of line and alarm resistor was inside the panel, No SAB battery or Tamper " Linked out"

Un-tampered external shunt key installed direct over the alarm pair of the detector  " Keyswitch was plastic internal model"

Just goes to show the badge schemes for what they are.

And the values of ethics.

The problem isn't the badge, 

Its the $hite installers and companies that hide behind it .. A company is only as good as the installers, and its only as good as its last installation....

We all know that a good reputation can take years to gain, yet can be destroyed by just one job

The problem isn't the badge, 

Its the $hite installers and companies that hide behind it .. A company is only as good as the installers, and its only as good as its last installation....

We all know that a good reputation can take years to gain, yet can be destroyed by just one job

Hence the issue of ethics.

You have them, some don't.

Thought you'd applied to SSAIB?

I did, and they came round and were pretty happy at the informal visit (still looked at pretty much everything other than a sample job)

Ever since then I have been competing with a total lack of new business approved or otherwise, my narrowboat I really need to sell,

and a million other distractions :(

It really is still on the cards and the next thing on my list...

Ah right,  Sorry.... Misunderstood what you were getting at

Yeah no worries, you see what I mean though, I think you need to really be approved before you can call other approved as having 'alternative standards',

even if they couldn't wire a bellbox strobe like some of the nobheads round here. Still, I say it again, they're getting more new customers than me...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If you feel its having that much of an impact, then my advice would be go for it,     Jump in balls deep

As many others have said countless times before, being approved does not guarantee you work,

You're in the same boat as I was for many years prior to going approved.  Blowing smoke up my own @rse here a little, But.. 

Virtually every non approved installer in a 30'ish mile radius knew me before I was non approved.
I honestly used to get calls every other day from these guys to sort their mess out or stuff they stuck on, or made a total hash of it

I still get the odd one or two a month now, from so called installers who claim to know all, they know feck all

Back then, I knew I was miles ahead of them in terms of technical ability and quality etc, but did nothing about it until 2 years ago
I got sick and tired of approved this approved that, You cant do it because you're not approved, even though you CAN do it better

What I'm getting at is simply, You know your area and the "knobheads" as you referred to that work it,
You clearly have the ability to go the distance with it and make something of it, Take the plunge and go for it, You will fly through it

My regret is that I started first started in this industry in 1993, with an ADE Logic 4 that still Works today. It took me 19 years  in 2012 to take the plunge

Edited by PSE

My regret is that I started first started in this industry in 1993, with an ADE Logic 4 that still Works today. It took me 19 years  in 2012 to take the plunge

id guess if you had asked for advice on it then here you would of been slated?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.