Security Installer Community

Melcom St6100 - Rewire Or Replace Tomorrow?

Simon K

no need to double up on a system that size period imo. Do it as prescribed, ideally i personally wouldnt of used a risco panel but you are where you are.

snob! ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

nothing wrong with Ricco Gardtec G490, i have loads of them in. not so many bells and whistles as some later panels, but against the Gal come in guys, are you having a laugh?

bullet proof product, whats on the tin is what you get inside it, and it don't need its own engineers forum for gakzine engineers to cry on each others shoulders.

Id agree arf. Id choose an accenta over any medium end risco panel. The big galaxy vs the prosys is no argument. There are other high end panels however. The risco Imo is not one of them. I'm currently playing with a siemans panel.

i have evaluated the galaxy, the hkc, the prosys and the siemans panels. Directly. You love risco i know you do but compared to what?

You do seem to think ford is awesome code you loved the model t... Ill take that back, cortina.

question is it possible your beloved risco is doing a Sinclair?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Also another question - on the Melcom I have an input for a 'personal attack alarm' - when shorted it instantly turns on the alarm.  This was a dedicated zone (Z7) to which I had two NC panic buttons connected - two wires each, no power, and when either was triggered it opened the circuit and set off the alarm.  I can see that in the CPX there is the capability to program a zone as a 'Panic' zone - will I also need to connect up the DEOL resistors to the panic buttons?  They don't have a tamper switch as such, but I guess that the resistors could protect the wire from being cut - if the wire is cut the panel will know it's a wire cut rather than the alarm triggering.  Or does setting the zone to Panic disable the EOL for that zone?

Bumping this question - am wiring up the resistors on the detectors at the mo, do I need to do them on the Panic Buttons too or will there be some way to disable EOL for just those zones?  (I can't seem to find one by reading the programming instructions but possibly I'm missing something...)

Id agree arf. Id choose an accenta over any medium end risco panel. The big galaxy vs the prosys is no argument. There are other high end panels however. The risco Imo is not one of them. I'm currently playing with a siemans panel.

i have evaluated the galaxy, the hkc, the prosys and the siemans panels. Directly. You love risco i know you do but compared to what?You do seem to think ford is awesome code you loved the model t... Ill take that back, cortina.

question is it possible your beloved risco is doing a Sinclair?

compared o peace of mind ;)

cross compatible, good range of wireless options and bulletproof.

Archived