Security Installer Community

Little Bit Of Advice Required For Garage Door Contact.

stubs

Hi,

I have bought a couple of heavy duty roller shutter contacts to install on my garage door at home (similar to this: http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=108&osCsid=0dca2faafe650bf9927976d609abbd23)

Whilst I'm aware I need to join them to the 8 core alarm cable that I've run using a tamper junction box, I'd like to ask a couple of questions regarding standard practise for installing these type of contacts;

What it the best way to attach the magnet to the garage door? Pop rivets, or nut & rounded head bolt? Or something else?

Should I use p-clips screwed to the floor/wall to secure the armoured cable before it meets the junction box? Or is there a better product to use? I will cut the conduit down a bit, but there will still be some that needs to be held in place.

Thanks in advance for any replies, I hope the sarcasm can be kept to a minimum :teehee:

Any decent nut/bolt will do-coated though and I usually put an extra 'locking' nut on to prevent vibration loosening.

'p' clips are fine-again coated metal type are my choice.

See no sarcasm in sight!.

Archived