Security Installer Community

Adt Alarm Error

lumia

We dont know the 'age' of the system,

We ?

An ADT dealer system with a Gal 16 with pyronix prox would will be getting on to 10 yrs old?

Agree or disagree Mr H?.

A £100 pounds with ADT appears to go much further than a £100 pounds with a solicitor, accountant or software support ?

I've never worked for ADT, but they employ people & run vehicles & buildings, I'm not expecting them to work for nothing or ring a cloth cap out & ask for peanuts,

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

We ?

An ADT dealer system with a Gal 16 with pyronix prox would will be getting on to 10 yrs old?

A £100 pounds with ADT appears to go much further than a £100 pounds with a solicitor, accountant or software support ?

I've never worked for ADT, but they employ people & run vehicles & buildings, I'm not expecting them to work for nothing or ring a cloth cap out & ask for peanuts,

well my personal opinion is basically ADT bend u over as iv never recieved any special customer service for how much they charge

So your quite happy with a certain companies work ethics then?, No matter about so many bad instals, so many complaints-we all employ people,have vehicles, wear a cap!-well when you get to my age you have to! lol-but I also try to provide a decent/honest service to my clients,and that doesn't include shafting them when they have to make cutbacks because of the present economic climate, I give and take, that builds me a reputation of honesty and integrity-customers deal with me as a trusted friend who wouldn't rip them off for want of a few quid-and right or wrong in the business world, I prefer that.

well my personal opinion is basically ADT bend u over as iv never recieved any special customer service for how much they charge

life has choices,

i.) pay ADT to either reset or attend site & change system to suit your requirements

ii.) pay another co.

iii.) default the system & make your own changes

Iv.) disconect & don't use system

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

A police response system must have some form of managed reset system.

It is a regulation thing and is a requirement. Agreement with this is optional however compliance is not.

Granted it seems it is no longer monitored, and as such does not require engineer / managed reset for this anymore. However that needs a programming change and I doubt anyone would visit a site for free to change this.

OP as you have said its get an engineer from an approved firm to sort this for you.

At that time they can also turn off the engineer reset option

I don't know adt's fee's but we charge about £65 for an in hours Callout and £25 for a remote reset. Maybe they have quoted you for a Callout?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as that, it requires an anticode reset via the installer-ADT, or a default/reprogram via another alarm company, fortunately I dont penalise customers who make the simple mistake of using the wrong door!.

Anti code for an alarm reset is standard on a monitored system, which this will have been.

I assume Its on "engineer " reset due to being a (former) monitored system, but your free to think that compliance with a standard is being "penalised" because they liable to to refuse an anticode reset to a system which provide no income is wrong...

QFA Green as the day is long these house bashers

i was tied in a 3 year contract a few years ago with them but just cancelled after that as the system i had was old etc all i need is 1 simple code and well basically its a con just to pay in the excess of £100 for a 4 digit code which they told me will be done within seconds

where are you based? Just get a local approved firm in and have a bells only contract if you dont want it monitored. It would cost between £70-120 per year, most decent firms would have you sorted out in under an hour on site.

I love ADT, their ex-customers just keep coming.

However on this occasion they have done nothing wrong, just given the customer an option, they don't have to use ADT.

ADT will always get a bad rep because they are the only national installer interested in small domestics, and they always shout the loudest when unhappy.

I love ADT, their ex-customers just keep coming.

However on this occasion they have done nothing wrong, just given the customer an option, they don't have to use ADT.

ADT will always get a bad rep because they are the only national installer interested in small domestics, and they always shout the loudest when unhappy.

So that's why we take over so many national commercial premises from them then, isn't it?

The only difference is that they don't come here and moan.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

So that's why we take over so many national commercial premises from them then, isn't it?

The only difference is that they don't come here and moan.

As do we, all nationals are the same, just the fact that the bigger they are the more you hear about it. Business owners don't come on here because they vote with their feet and most decent people expect to be charged for a service.

Nationals work for national clients, do you think ADT and the like don't understand what goes on? There is nothing they can do about it, and I for one hope they carry on as they are and keep feeding me takeovers.

Ps: Do you think you get commercial takeovers because ADT wanted to charge them to provide a service when they were out of contract? Go and ask your boss how it works

Archived