Security Installer Community

Adt Alarm Error

lumia

hi i have a adt alarm not sure about the model, but the alarm has gone off because the mrs came through the back door so it now says intruder kitchen on the control panel, its telling me to call and quote code 20321, and as i am not a customer with adt i have to pay something along the lines of £90 or become a memeber again. can anyone please help? i have uploaded photos of what the message i am recieving

post-38960-0-88905400-1332626808_thumb.j

post-38960-0-37672800-1332626816_thumb.j

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is only two ways to reset the alarm 1. You get a reset code from ADT no one else can do it as they wont have the seed code 2. You get a local co in to default and reprogram it under noncontract we would cost more than £90 but then again once reprogrammed it wont need reseting when your wife goes through the wrong door

oh right i thought it might of been a box standard reset code? which someone might have or no a way around it

Unfortunately it's not as simple as that, it requires an anticode reset via the installer-ADT, or a default/reprogram via another alarm company, fortunately I dont penalise customers who make the simple mistake of using the wrong door!.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as that, it requires an anticode reset via the installer-AD(PEE), or a default/reprogram via another alarm company, fortunately I dont penalise customers who make the simple mistake of using the wrong door!.

ah well think there no alternative but to give adt or might have a look at local alarm company who might be able to sort it out cheaper, but thats me told for using the wrong door!! arggg

fortunately I dont penalise customers who make the simple mistake of using the wrong door!.

I assume Its on "engineer " reset due to being a (former) monitored system, but your free to think that compliance with a standard is being "penalised" because they liable to to refuse an anticode reset to a system which provide no income is wrong...

Mr? Veritas God

i was tied in a 3 year contract a few years ago with them but just cancelled after that as the system i had was old etc all i need is 1 simple code and well basically its a con just to pay in the excess of £100 for a 4 digit code which they told me will be done within seconds

I was waiting for that, lol.

We dont know the 'age' of the system, so we also dont know what regs applied at the time it was installed-we also know that:

ADT are renowned for their very good customer relations-past and present-sarcasm!.

ADT will charge a hefty premium for various services-fact!.

And judging by the installs I have have seen from them, they are very much below the standard one would expect of a national.

There are 'standards' and there are morals-and I for one have seen very little from ADT as far as their customers go tbh.

Agree or disagree Mr H?-or edit

Archived