Security Installer Community

Can Anyone Help With Texbase Please ?

Jay Lloyd

if its port forwarded cant see how it would know. I doubt its checking th source ip. Have you tried?

yes i tried the port is open on the internet

oooo bloody hell!!!! i just realised that you calnt acces a WAN if you are conecting from from its LAN! side :slaps head:

sorry i left my lappy at work so i caln't test it here i think i have talked my self into sorting the wintex bit out ..i will keep you informed

thanks again

still want to know what texbase looks like though LOL

It can be done with DDNS because I do it. Log into your DDNS provider account and it will tell you the IP address, then enter that IP in wintex. I know the IP will change and the address will need changing but its a work around. I use dyndnsfree btw

You will also have to make sure that port 10001 is forwarded through your router

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

It can be done with DDNS because I do it. Log into your DDNS provider account and it will tell you the IP address, then enter that IP in wintex. I know the IP will change and the address will need changing but its a work around. I use dyndnsfree btw

You will also have to make sure that port 10001 is forwarded through your router

Thanks i will try that i got the panel set at 10001 anyway i know how to check the routers dynamic ip and i use dyndns by the way

bit of a poor show from a top end security providerer that its IP link does not suport ddns though cheep gear does so why not top end ?

Anyway that aside i dont suppose you can help me with the Texbase prob can you ?? :D

Thanks

Sorry no :shy:

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

bit of a poor show from a top end security providerer that its IP link does not suport ddns though cheep gear does so why not top end ?

because if its high end you wouldnt be using ddns would you...

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

because it's not top end and there is no demand for it.

hi mate i have the same problem as you running texebase i actually gave up in the end the way around the issue if you want to check the system remotly is to fit a com2400 to the system and use wintex and connect the com2400 to the phone line that way if the system activates it will alert you by sms first then yo can dial into the system over the phone and check the status didarm reset or reprogram the system as you wish you can also use home automation equipment if fitted this is what i have done only issue is you can only acces the system if yo program telephone line numbers you know you can plug your laptop computer into using the builtin modem eg

if im on holiday staying with family i will updat the number to the landline where im staying as the system will drop the call when you dial in and call the programed number you programed back you can program 1 of 3 numbers and you can tell the pannel which number to call

hope this helps need more info pm me ill send you info on how to do it

Archived