Security Installer Community

Can Anyone Help With Texbase Please ?

Jay Lloyd

Hi all thanks for reading

right i have fitted the following and all working sound a Texicom prem 88 2 lcd keypads 4 prestige pirs an 8 zone expander 3 bell boxes and linked the panel to a master blaster with a relay and linked it all to a GJD light controler

right then i have set it all up using wintex via PC com on com1 i have now got a ipcom modual witch is working fine via wintex on my network so i can now do away with the pccom leed

now i was wanting to use texbase so i can look at the panel over the web but the softwhare is not working ???? not at all it will not install ?? of the cd that came with the comip ?? so i down loaded it from texicom ???thats the same ?? i gave it my mate who is a wizz with a pc and he calnt get it to work on his PC

anyone had this issue ?? or will any of you wiff kids download it from texicom and see if you can get it working ??

also where do you get the manual for it and for maintex??

i have worked hard on tis install and its the first one i have done and for DIY i think i have done well to get a grade 3 system working it seems a shame for it all go to pot because of dodgy softwhear

thanks again

O right thanks guys i can see now why you have trade only sections

Thanks

As for wintex remotley i calnt se how that is posable? As jou can only set up the lan ip and port in the aciunt settings to. Conect and it has to mach the one on the panel localy??

I know how to port forword and about ddns and i calnt seem to see where to put the dns settings in?

Thanks again

Sorry about the spelling by the way coming at you on an old phone

The problem is that i calnt see anywhete where you can enter a dns address anywhere in wintex i was under the inmpresion you use texbase to conect then youse wintex

But becase i calnt get it working i calnt find out

The kit is good but the manuals and softwhere are pants

the bumf that comes with comip says you can but you input the panels ip in an acount and its port no ..i calnt find were you can enter a gateway or a subnet so i calnt see how it can ?????

i might be missing something but were ???

hay man thanks for talking ..i might give texe a ring tomorow see what they say but i would like to sort it myself

Archived