Security Installer Community

Castle Tech Euro Mini

If I was the incoming co. I would normally quote for a completely new system inc wiring rather than use whats already in place.

If I knew you personally I may be willing to place your working depandant on equipment used onto a service argeement.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

MrHappy - Yes this is something that we have learned from and will continue to go forward with not integrating our equipment with customer equipment.

Do you know of registered companies allowing non-registered companies to install equipment then use the registered firm for certificate of course with them checking the work over? I know that this can be used in offering 24hr support.

Also just going back, Herts CCTV Ltd is a new business been trading since 2009 and myself I was working for a very small registered security company and learned all my skills from them like I am sure all others have done so when people put you down as "your installs are not professional etc...." just cause we are not SSIAB/NSI does not mean we are not professional in what we do and that is what really gets my back up when people slag you off in this way on this forum.

All I am trying to say is we all start off not knowing anything and we learn! I have never owned a business but it is a learning experience.

Many years ago we used to use a company in exactly the way u describe. we would install, together commission, then they would run off with the contract. i would suggest phoning some xompanies in the area, thats what we did, in our case straight out of the ssaib's lists. ssaib.org and nsi.org are probably your best bet

I tell you what I give up on this forum!!!! Never ever a good response from any of you guys you always just put people down, is this not a forum to help those that need help.

Remembering that you was a start out at one stage or worked for a big national then went on your own and needed help!

Look I did a job and the customer knew we was not certificated to NSI/SSAIB but still went with us we were unaware that they intended to install for insurance purpose otherwise we would have said we could not do the job.

We have installed the system to a standard that is good enough for a domestic user that wanted to cover there house (and yes please slag off that line too!) we are now trying to help the customer by passing the job on or we do the install and get someone else in to sign it off as other installers that I know do that.

Look forward to your response on that

Actually, that was me being polite. If I was being all Jimmy Carr about it you would know.

Also just going back, Herts CCTV Ltd is a new business been trading since 2009 and myself I was working for a very small registered security company and learned all my skills from them like I am sure all others have done so when people put you down as "your installs are not professional etc...." just cause we are not SSIAB/NSI does not mean we are not professional in what we do and that is what really gets my back up when people slag you off in this way on this forum.

You posted in the DIY part of the forum, its reasonable to make assumptions from that.

You've already said the customer doesnt want to spend much, Id learn from that if I was you as its code for "charge me more, Im a PITA".

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

As its never had a cert (im assuming) then the incoming company would have to change all the equipment to make it meet the required grade (assuming grade 2x is correct)

I can only speak for ourselves. We would take over the panel as its one we support. We would change all the detection devices, and maybe the bell (depending on age) we could then offer a certificate as it would be graded,

Any new system (and this would be) has to be graded now.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived