Security Installer Community

Castle Tech Euro Mini

Morning Guys,

We install the Euro Mini Grade 2 for our domestic customers did one the other day and have received an email from the customer asking me to answer all these questions that his insurance company is asking for:

1. Is the Alarm NSI/SSAIB Approved

2. Is there/will there be an annual maintenance contract in place

3. What type of alarm is it? – Bells only, linked to the police station/call centre

Q1 We are not an NSI/SSAIB registered company still looking to see if it will benefit us.

Q2 Yes if he wants it we can do it.

Q3 It is a Euro Mini Grade 2 Bells Only.

History:

Originally an engineer went out to service it as the house was empty & gas/electric supplies cut off but tried to get it working and found the keypad was knackered cannot remember the model but it was a castle tech panel and the engineer did call them and they said it was not supported and is about 17yrs old. So engineer sold them a new one and fitted it, all that was done was replaced control panel & keypad and programmed and made sure all original sensors and doors were trigged just simple stuff as customer requested.

Now this is just a simple 5 bedroom house.

If all you've done is changed the panel on a 17year old system then I doubt it meets any grade.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

is this a question or an advert ?

LOL, can't see how the post is an advert!

If all you've done is changed the panel on a 17year old system then I doubt it meets any grade.

Which is my point exactly all that was done was a control panel & keypad replacement customer did not want anything else, what I am trying to find out is would an insurer give a discount for having an alarm the house is just a standard house with standard contents nothing like art. paintings etc...

Most insurers wont give discount unless installed and serviced yearly by NSI or SSAIB approved company, also a proper documented risk assessment and proper system grading must be done.

Discount is normally only between 7 and 10%. Service costs will be more than the discount achieved, false economy for the customer but not for the installer, we all love our service contracts.

If the alarm is registered with the insurance company and the home owner forgets to set the system and is burgled, the insurance company can refuse to pay up for any claim. If the system fails to perform the insurance company will pursue and claim against the installer.

right, is there anyone in Hertfordshire that I can use to install a system for this customer of mine as he wants it installed to NSI/SSAIB standard for his home insurance.

He was aware at the time that we was not NSI/SSIAB (yet!) and that we was going to replace his bell box & control panel with a euro mini and he wanted to keep the cost low so we said we would not replace sensors or door contacts as looking through paperwork all these were replaced only 2 years ago.

The other system was a castle tech system that was way over 12 years old from the advice of the tech guys at castle!

The whole system would need replacing and installed to NSI/SSAIB standard I am right in thinking you could keep the new equipment I have installed?

It meets G2X, but you're looking for someone to pick up your pieces.

Why would anyone want to, for a customer who wants to keep the cost down.

Good luck with that!

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I tell you what I give up on this forum!!!! Never ever a good response from any of you guys you always just put people down, is this not a forum to help those that need help.

Remembering that you was a start out at one stage or worked for a big national then went on your own and needed help!

Look I did a job and the customer knew we was not certificated to NSI/SSAIB but still went with us we were unaware that they intended to install for insurance purpose otherwise we would have said we could not do the job.

We have installed the system to a standard that is good enough for a domestic user that wanted to cover there house (and yes please slag off that line too!) we are now trying to help the customer by passing the job on or we do the install and get someone else in to sign it off as other installers that I know do that.

Look forward to your response on that

Remembering that you was a start out at one stage or worked for a big national then went on your own and needed help!

if you are trading as a co. I would expect a good working knowledge rather than learning on the job ?

We have installed the system to a standard that is good enough for a domestic user that wanted to cover there house (and yes please slag off that line too!) we are now trying to help the customer by passing the job on or we do the install and get someone else in to sign it off as other installers that I know do that.

has the cleint paid you for the work ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

if you are trading as a co. I would expect a good working knowledge rather than learning on the job ?

has the cleint paid you for the work ?

yes we are a trading company and not learning on the job

and yes they have paid, only got an email the other day from the customer

Archived