Security Installer Community

Need Help With Alarm Install Price

He11raz3r

Hi

Need a bit help with alarm install and price to fit I live in Newcastle upon Tyne area.

The house is a three bedroom council house. the downstairs is sitting room at front kitchen at back and small toilet at back.

Second landing is long where three bedrooms are and then the third landing is the main bathroom.

The 2 alarm kits I am considering getting but not sure which one is below.

Also are these kits when complete considered grade 2 or grade 3.

The house will be a new move at the end of January 2012 all going well and there is nothing in it at the moment no flooring ect.

Kit 1

Texecom 24 premier ricochet kit consisting of.

1 x Premier 24 Panel

1 x Premier LCDP Keypad. (This one is for the master bedroom on the second landing)

1 x Premier 8XP-W

1 x Premier SmartKey (wifes)

3 x Prestige XT-W (sitting room, kitchen, hall downstairs)

1 x Impaq Contact-W (For front door)

extra

1 x Impaq Contact-W (For back door)

1x Prestige XT-W (second landing upstairs)

1 x Premier SmartKey (mine)

2 x texecom odyssey 3 live bellbox with white covers. Both bellboxes to be wired front and back of house

1x texecom premier elite diamond black flush keypad. This is for the main passage downstairs.

sub total £

total inc vat £

Plus price to be fitted

Plus price of yearly maintained

Kit 2

Texecom 48 premier ricochet kit consisting of.

1 x Premier 48 Panel

1 x Premier LCDP Keypad prox. (This one is for the master bedroom on the second landing)

Texecom Premier 32XP-W Expander

1 x Premier SmartKey (wifes)

3 x Texecom Prestige Quad Detectors QD-W (sitting room, kitchen, hall downstairs)

Texecom Impaq Shock Sensor Plus-W (for small toilet downstairs)

extra

1 x Texecom Prestige Quad Detectors QD-W (second landing upstairs)

1 x Premier SmartKey (mine)

2 x texecom odyssey 3 live bellbox with white covers. Both bellboxes to be wired front and back of house

1x texecom premier elite diamond black flush keypad. This is for the main passage downstairs.

sub total £

total inc vat £

Plus price to be fitted

Plus price of yearly maintained

Thanks for your time and help.

Kind regards

Dave

Please no prices to be quoted in the public area

You've spent a lot of time working this out but you appear to be costing for someone else to install. Unless you are going to ask an electrician or a mate down the pub (sometimes the result is pretty much the same) then you will not find a professional installer who would install any equipment you supply. If you need this for insurance (hence the grading question) then you just need to get a professional firm in.

If you particularly wanted Texecom then call local installers (make sure they are registered with either NSI or SSAIB) and ask them if they use Texecom, it's faily common so you should find someone unless you live on an island somewhere!

had a quick look at the kits, they both seem grade 2,

thats fine for the typical domestic. Even grade 1 would be fine i suspect.

Texecome isnt my prefered manufacturer is there any reason youve gone for them in particular? If its wireless you want i would sugest looking at the enforcer system.

Dont hesitate to give me a call if you need any advise.

Id be quite happy to give you a hand installing whatever system you go for . Inbox me and we could sort something out .

had a quick look at the kits, they both seem grade 2,

If its wireless you want i would sugest looking at the enforcer system.

The kit will be a mix of Grade 2 or 3.

Just because it's Grade 'X' kit doesn't mean it will be Grade 'X' if fitted incorrectly.

As for the Enforcer, I'd stick with the Texecom .

Also have you considered using wired kit.

It will be cheaper (both upfront and in maintenance), easier to service and you have no floor down?

i know the is a mixture of grades, but as you'll know the grading is by the lowest grade part. so the system would be grade 2 if it was being given a conformity cert.

Its purely personal preference with the enforcer, but in my experience they are a good system, have a built in sms dialler, which to some customers is a must(not sure why)

a wired kit would be a must better system, if any wireless pir fails and the company goes bust it may be difficult to get a replacement part, as usually only those parts will work, where as they are many wired pirs which can be installed on almost any wired system.

Thanks for the quick replies and help guys.

Sorry about putting in the prices.

I do want a prof firm to supply the system and install it but I was trying to work out a round ball park price for the system and install as I have a set budget (can I put the amount of the budget in for the alarm system and install or is it a no no) as I also need flooring through out the house and other things.

Don't get me wrong guys I don't mind paying good money for the system and install

I've had one quote but it seemed a little high for the stuff that I was getting supplied and fitted below.

1 x Premier 24 Panel

1 x Premier LCDP Keypad

4 x Prestige XT-W (sitting room, kitchen, hall downstairs, second landing upstairs)

2 x texecom odyssey 3e not live

one extension speaker

thanks again for the help

Dave

The kit will be a mix of Grade 2 or 3.

Just because it's Grade 'X' kit doesn't mean it will be Grade 'X' if fitted incorrectly.

As for the Enforcer, I'd stick with the Texecom .

Also have you considered using wired kit.

It will be cheaper (both upfront and in maintenance), easier to service and you have no floor down?

Thanks I never thought of it being all wired.

What would be the best wired one to go for texecom, Honeywell, scantronics,

Kind regards

Dave

wired would be a better system.

its really down to personal preferance, if it was my house id put in a Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 but im used to those panels.

company i used to work for would fit the texecom Veritas R8 , nice domestic panel one button setting( if programmed that way) and cheap too. but again its up to you.

I can't see any problem with posting a rough guide price for supply and install. We only use the 48 and above as the 24 is a bit ****. We also only use Quads, not the cheaper XT.

We would be around £900 + VAT using Ricochet, and about £700 + VAT using Risco hybrid, the ricochet is alot better though.

Thanks for the rough guide price alterEGO is that for all the kit 2 in my first post.

That just comes in with the vat just under the budget I have for the alarm.

Do you cover the Newcastle area if you do can you pm me with your details please.

Archived