Security Installer Community

Do You Still Have Paper Manuals?

Amps

The boot of my car has two boxes of manuals that take up too much space. In this modern age do most still have paper manuals? If not do you keep them on a laptop or is there a better device?

Got box files on my van, Scantonic, Menvier, ADE, Galaxy and another for random Texe/gardtec stuff........

I do carry a USB, and slowly transferring lots to it, laptops and phones are OK, but a PITA on site I find (especially on some of the odd iffy sites we do)

16gb memory card in my phone with approx 5000 manuals, usb hd in van, loads of paper manuals in box in back of van. Phone gets used the most mainly for little things, can also be used as a drive on the laptop if necessary by usb lead.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

16gb memory card in my phone with approx 5000 manuals, usb hd in van, loads of paper manuals in box in back of van. Phone gets used the most mainly for little things, can also be used as a drive on the laptop if necessary by usb lead.

Wish i could use a card in my phone (W7). Uploading from usb to skydrive now, then can view from phone. Its a 'task' uploading them, time consuming :(

Prefer paper to be honest. I like being able to just flick through the pages. I had to re-program a Veritas R8 about 4 months ago using my iPhone and google. Although it got me there eventually, it took forever scrolling and zooming in/out. Could have done it with a paper manual (which I now have a copy of!) in a tenth of the time.

Trade Member

Id go with that in the main

Phone was handy the other day mind, had to crash and reprog a Ts 500, no paper manual for it, and never done one before. Found it in here whilst at site, 10 mins later it was done, nice and easy

Archived