Security Installer Community

More Demand For Smartphone Integration ?

itesecurity

Have noticed that in the past year we have more enquiries regarding smartphone and home automation integration with alarm systems (from the younger generation, usually new builds), there seems to be an upward trend with less people wanting a monitored system and more wanting the above.

Have noticed that in the past year we have more enquiries regarding smartphone and home automation integration with alarm systems (from the younger generation, usually new builds), there seems to be an upward trend with less people wanting a monitored system and more wanting the above.

Id agree to some extent, younger people generally are interested in having some control via their phone or at least text alerts.

We see very little interest in domestic monitoring, that only appeals to high end AB's and they already have it.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

The signet is good at this, turning the alarm on and off, opening gates, turning on heat etc.

I have mine connected to my gates but have yet to use it.

Turning the alarm on and off with the phone is handy if you have workers or cleaners in the house and don't want to give out codes

I know of one that has it on the way, the scanny ion does it in a fashion. There is a slight issue with it though generally. Im not sure if you can enter a password once and then see data or if you would need to do it every time. Id rather only enter once or once a month/quarter etc but if its classed as a level 1 user then its difficult to comply. Id expect most to do it the scanny way, ie only a virtual keypad. Ideally you would want a user /manager / engineer version

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I know of one that has it on the way, the scanny ion does it in a fashion. There is a slight issue with it though generally. Im not sure if you can enter a password once and then see data or if you would need to do it every time. Id rather only enter once or once a month/quarter etc but if its classed as a level 1 user then its difficult to comply. Id expect most to do it the scanny way, ie only a virtual keypad. Ideally you would want a user /manager / engineer version

I'm interested in views on this. I've developed VirtualKeypad software for the Honeywell Galaxy G3/Dimension range. Are you saying that you'd rather have an application with Set/Unset buttons for your phone rather than a simulated Keypad ? Or both ?

Archived