Security Installer Community

Eol Questions Regarding Honeywell Galaxy G2

Vini

I must really be missing something here, I just can't see what the problem is, the paperwork shown, is as plain as day.

You are using the Tamper Return from the first sounder to feed the Neg Hold-off of the second aren't you?

Then the Tamper Return from the second sounder back to the panel?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I must really be missing something here, I just can't see what the problem is, the paperwork shown, is as plain as day.

You are using the Tamper Return from the first sounder to feed the Neg Hold-off of the second aren't you?

Then the Tamper Return from the second sounder back to the panel?

I work in IT and don't understand the alarm references :(

I owe SixWheeledBeast (and anyone else who's helped!) a beer for his patience and detailed descriptions!

I've just this SCB to hook up and I'll leave you all in peace :)

Okay so ignore previous, as mentioned fairly simple with the diagram.

Take the Green from the first box join to the Blue of the second in the panel.

Then wire the new box the same as the first.

RED +

BLU -

BLK Trig

YEL Strobe

GRN Tamp

At the panel wire the second bells RED, BLK and YEL in the same as the first bell.

Finally wire in the second bells Green to the T in the panel.

So in the Panel there are two REDS and YELLOWS and BLACKS, the first boxes BLUE and the second boxes GREEN.

Hope this helps a bit.

Okay so ignore previous, as mentioned fairly simple with the diagram.

Take the Green from the first box join to the Blue of the second in the panel.

Then wire the new box the same as the first.

RED +

BLU -

BLK Trig

YEL Strobe

GRN Tamp

At the panel wire the second bells RED, BLK and YEL in the same as the first bell.

Finally wire in the second bells Green to the T in the panel.

So in the Panel there are two REDS and YELLOWS and BLACKS, the first boxes BLUE and the second boxes GREEN.

Hope this helps a bit.

Well, that seems to work... I'm deaf from knocking the tamper :)

I guess I better get up the ladders tomorrow and put it up for real, I'll let you know how I get on. Many thanks for your help!

Regarding an internal sounder, would I be facing the same problem regarding two SAB's? Would an internal sounder need to be SCB? and would I have to extend the blue/green join to this to continue the tamper?

Regarding an internal sounder, would I be facing the same problem regarding two SAB's? Would an internal sounder need to be SCB? and would I have to extend the blue/green join to this to continue the tamper?

Internal sounders are different from external.

The first question is are you using an internal sounder or speaker, as they work differently and wire differently.

As for it's tamper it will be separate from the external.

My sounder is an Elmdene 402s (http://www.elmdene.co.uk/Inter-Internal-Sounder-Range.html)

If I face potential overloading issues etc I can probably manage without... if its just like a zone, I'm game to tackle it!

Ah! That's an internal SAB which may overload the panel and will need wiring like the external bell.

You may be able to set as SCB but would have to series the external sounder tampers through it.

oddly the IT men have the longest threads when it comes to wires,

What can I say, we strive for perfection!

SixWheeledBeast, the SCB is in place and working, I had an initial scare when installing but all is well - many many thanks for all your help!

Archived