Security Installer Community

Eol Questions Regarding Honeywell Galaxy G2

Vini

:whistle: Glad the BGU's sorted.

Shoot with the External and Internal Sounders.

RF Module, I currently have a keypad, so I plan on powering down, running A&B with a 680ohm Res linking both from the RS485 and the +/-, unless I'm better running the RF module inline?

2nd SAB (CQR Multibox), I was going to open the first identical SAB, check the wiring and then copy it on SAB2... unless there's no need/an easier way... My panel currently has

Red AND White in 12v+

Blue in 0v

Green in T

Black in []±

Yellow in 'Sun'

Internal Speaker, not looked into yet.

RF Module, I currently have a keypad, so I plan on powering down, running A&B with a 680ohm Res linking both from the RS485 and the +/-, unless I'm better running the RF module inline?

I don't fit Galaxy's...

But normally the RS485 line is terminated at both ends with a resistor.

2nd SAB (CQR Multibox), I was going to open the first identical SAB, check the wiring and then copy it on SAB2... unless there's no need/an easier way... My panel currently has

Red AND White in 12v+

Blue in 0v

Green in T

Black in []±

Yellow in 'Sun'

I hope you have a Multibox Plus as you will need to make one bellbox an SCB.

You will also need six cores to the boxes.

What terminals are on the bell.

Run RF module the same as the Keypad.

You can wire the RF portal from the panel, strictly speaking you *should* fit another 680 ohm resistor at the portal and remove the 'jumper' on the panel pcb by the AB output. However, if its a short run in a domestic environment, you *should* be OK without the resistor in my experience.......

Not sure on the Multibox, we dont use it, but usually tampers have to be configured in series. We use the Texecom boxes and you have to do all weird and wonderful wiring to string them together. So no, you cant just copy the wiring at the tampers wont function correctly. Also the second box should be set up as scb as you'll pull too much current off the panel when they activate.

I hope you have a Multibox Plus as you will need to make one bellbox an SCB.

You will also need six cores to the boxes.

What terminals are on the bell.

I've got Multibox Plus & a Multibox Standard that I can fit.

At present, my only live bell is a Multibox Standard, I want to add a second live bell, not realising there was any difference between standard & plus aside from the twin Piezo, I have fitted the Standard in the place where I want the second live bell to live... Will this be a problem?

I was hoping it would just be a case of running more wires from the same outputs on the panel and have both bells go off together? I'm guessing from your references to SCB, I may need to run the Plus as my second bell :(

I have 6 core running from the panel to the bell anyway, just not wired up.

Run RF module the same as the Keypad.

You can wire the RF portal from the panel, strictly speaking you *should* fit another 680 ohm resistor at the portal and remove the 'jumper' on the panel pcb by the AB output. However, if its a short run in a domestic environment, you *should* be OK without the resistor in my experience.......

Not sure on the Multibox, we dont use it, but usually tampers have to be configured in series. We use the Texecom boxes and you have to do all weird and wonderful wiring to string them together. So no, you cant just copy the wiring at the tampers wont function correctly. Also the second box should be set up as scb as you'll pull too much current off the panel when they activate.

I'll go with a resistor on the RF, pretty straight forward!

Another weekend of fun ahead I guess :)

I've got Multibox Plus & a Multibox Standard that I can fit.

At present, my only live bell is a Multibox Standard, I want to add a second live bell, not realising there was any difference between standard & plus aside from the twin Piezo, I have fitted the Standard in the place where I want the second live bell to live... Will this be a problem?

I was hoping it would just be a case of running more wires from the same outputs on the panel and have both bells go off together? I'm guessing from your references to SCB, I may need to run the Plus as my second bell :(

I have 6 core running from the panel to the bell anyway, just not wired up.

It doesn't matter which position you make the SAB or SCB, but an SCB will be slighty lower volume. (With the extra piezo you will not notice)

Basically > SAB - runs off the panel, SCB - runs off it's own battery. Two SAB's on one panel will blow the power supply.

If you leave the Standard box as is and set the new Plus box as an SCB, you won't have to get back up to the Standard box.

You will require all six cores on the Plus box (you can't double up on the power as the Standard one is)

You can leave the following existing wires in the terminals and add the new wires as:-

Panel.......> CABLE >...Bellbox

Bell 12+....> RED >...Hold Off +VE

[]±(B Trig).> BLACK >...Siren Trig

0V..........> BLUE >...Hold Off -VE

"SUN"Strobe.> YELLOW>...Strobe Trig

Now you will have to remove the old (standard) bells T (GREEN) wire in the panel.

Join this to the new (plus) bells WHITE wire in the panel.

Then in the bellbox connect the WHITE to the Bellbox TAMPER FEED terminal and the GREEN wire to the TAMPER RETURN terminal.

All the connections will be the same apart from the tamper, this has to be in series.

It goes through both bells and picks up a negative at the last only (the standard box).

Thanks for all your help so far sixwheeledbeast, I'm currently trying to setup my Plus box in the loft before I go climbing ladders... I've hit a snag with the Tamper though.

I dont quite understand your bit about the tamper, and I'm not entirely sure what I need to hook up in the Plus box. I only seem to have one tamper (Return) in here.

Thanks for all your help so far sixwheeledbeast, I'm currently trying to setup my Plus box in the loft before I go climbing ladders... I've hit a snag with the Tamper though.

I dont quite understand your bit about the tamper, and I'm not entirely sure what I need to hook up in the Plus box. I only seem to have one tamper (Return) in here.

No problems, good idea but make sure all the tampers are closed when testing. (Don't want another lid causing a tamper).

If you post a picture or name the terminals I can help more. Not fitted a Multibox in a while.

No problems, good idea but make sure all the tampers are closed when testing. (Don't want another lid causing a tamper).

If you post a picture or name the terminals I can help more. Not fitted a Multibox in a while.

Hope this helps;

Link to big img; Image

STB (Yellow)

Trig (Black)

Hold - (Blue)

Hold + (Red)

RTN (?)

Sys Fail (?)

Set (?)

I plan to remove the green wire from the T in the panel and join it to the White of the SCB, but not sure where to run the white or what needs to go in the Panel...

Hope this helps;

Link to big img; Image

STB (Yellow)

Trig (Black)

Hold - (Blue)

Hold + (Red)

RTN (?)

Sys Fail (?)

Set (?)

I plan to remove the green wire from the T in the panel and join it to the White of the SCB, but not sure where to run the white or what needs to go in the Panel...

Normally there would be a tamper feed and a tamper return terminal.

Sys Fail and Set are for extra features and probably not required.

Does it mention in the manual about wiring two boxes?

There maybe a jumper or a switch to enable this or...

... it's possible it cannot be done with this box.

Normally there would be a tamper feed and a tamper return terminal.

Sys Fail and Set are for extra features and probably not required.

Does it mention in the manual about wiring two boxes?

There maybe a jumper or a switch to enable this or...

... it's possible it cannot be done with this box.

Wiring two boxes; http://a.yfrog.com/img612/3933/st8lv.jpg

Archived