Security Installer Community

Premier 48 Network Errors

JohnD

I have recently commissioned a Premier 48. All seems to work in initial testing but there is approx 200 network errors being reported from the Prox flush keypad (old style) after 5 days. The keypad has one contact connnected to each of its zones. Alarm is all using standard 6 core unshielded alarm cable. I wondered what is an acceptable level of network errors, if any, and any steps for fault finding. Are there some obvious likely causes? There is one 90 degree cross over mains socket cable and small part of alarm cable run is near a phone cable (I could try disconnecting phone cable?)

I have 2 spare cores to play with (or more if I sacrifice a kaypad zone)

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi John, long time to join in?

No network errors is acceptable, and phone cables shouldn't cause many probs.

Whats the distance from the panel to keypad. Tried doubling up on voltage lines?

Thanks for quick replies. This is new install, new equipment. Tried power down, removed comms board, doubled up on voltage lines to keypad, reset defaults. Still registered network errors building up over time.

Keypad distance is 10m. Tried temporary cable with keypad next to panel and still network errors.

Noted that red Tx network led in the panel is fairly fixed on. Only other fault I can see is that Wintex diagnostics page registers a permanent keypad tamper (even when not in tamper), although "View RKP Status" on the keypad itself, gives the correct tamper conditions of H or A.

Other than the above, the system does appear to operate correctly i.e. successful open/close/alarm/reset etc - but I don't want it used knowing there is some fault out there.

Not sure what more to do?

Thanks for quick replies. This is new install, new equipment. Tried power down, removed comms board, doubled up on voltage lines to keypad, reset defaults. Still registered network errors building up over time.

Keypad distance is 10m. Tried temporary cable with keypad next to panel and still network errors.

Not sure what more to do?

Did you measure the Induced AC?

Is there anything else on the Network?

Try a different keypad on your temporary cable, if okay then try the original cable.

Thanks, Will try another keypad. Nothing else now wired to kepad/network. Just some quads, contacts, and odyssey on the panel. My multimeter does not measure induced AC.

If it measures AC then, you can measure for induced. You just have to know how. ;)

Thanks, Will try another keypad. Nothing else now wired to kepad/network. Just some quads, contacts, and odyssey on the panel. My multimeter does not measure induced AC.

INDUCED AC TEST: AC voltage between DC+ and earth.

AC noise should not exceed 1.2 volts max.

:)

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Archived