Security Installer Community

Data Trunking

IAS

first fixed a call center yesterday, fishing our expander feeds across an old mill thats been converted, however the data guy turned up today and said I have to remove my alarm cable from the box trunking the customer supplied between the two buildings because it will cause interference as quote "the pulses it generates will interfere with the server and destroy the broadband connection to the phone system"

thoughts please.

deck the cnt

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I cables a shopping centre and car park in Liverpool and was instructed to run the alarm and access cables in the same compartment as the data cables. I know this doesn't mean its ok as office based "engineers" are normally wrong but don't think they had any problems. (sorry to all the office trogs. But its true) I would normally avoid it myself to be honest. To act as a proper shield it would have to be metal so mini trucking wouldn't do the job but alarm pipe would.

Why not suggest that if their data cabling was so sensitive, that they should run shielded cable!

And yes, sounds like complete rubbish...

Or,

Do as he and the rest of us do, ignore the d1ckhead and his silly theories and get on with doing our job.

Or,

Do as he and the rest of us do, ignore the d1ckhead and his silly theories and get on with doing our job.

in the end I switched the access control on and left him to walk the long way round

Archived