Security Installer Community

Data Trunking

IAS

first fixed a call center yesterday, fishing our expander feeds across an old mill thats been converted, however the data guy turned up today and said I have to remove my alarm cable from the box trunking the customer supplied between the two buildings because it will cause interference as quote "the pulses it generates will interfere with the server and destroy the broadband connection to the phone system"

thoughts please.

He's talking out of his hole.

ask the retard if he's checked the mains supply for balanced load and acceptable power factor. that will sort him.

As Aaron says, get to customer first.

thoughts please.

cockerel1.jpg

in our gaff the data cabling has got 50 volt POE + 50 volt BT lines + RG59's & a ACT2000 which runs back to server cab patchesatchs across a panel & back to PC's serial port all over cat5.

if he's asked for containment just for data, fair do's to him. I'd be more than happy to move at the clients cost or trunk inside the exisitng

trunking

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Yep, must agree...I'm with them :gimme:

12V alarm data lines cause interference on 50V BT, network cables other cables.??? Can you use screened and stick his thoughts somewhere.. :sothere:

cockerel1.jpg

in our gaff the data cabling has got 50 volt POE + 50 volt BT lines + RG59's & a ACT2000 which runs back to server cab patchesatchs across a panel & back to PC's serial port all over cat5.

if he's asked for containment just for data, fair do's to him. I'd be more than happy to move at the clients cost or trunk inside the exisitng

trunking

ah - quote "yes electric guys might all ways run cables like that but that doesnt mean they know that they arn`t doing it wrong"

to put him in perspective, he said to delay the alarm for a month to prove his phones worked, I suggested that if it did cause a problem then we could (at the customers expense) run trunking inside the trunking - about 75mtr, six changes in direction and a suspended bit between two walls ....... he insisted it would be easier and cheaper to do it in 20mm galv tube inside the trunking.

I went off to find a kettle.

Archived