Security Installer Community

Adt Ademco Galaxy Not Setting

pfg6

i was out working the other night, and i was last out so i had to set the alarms, in the building there is a adt ademco galaxy panel.

when i set the alarms, it was all ok, exit tone on internal sounder started so walked walked out the door, door closed which usually completes the full set of the system but the exit tone kept going, then it changed so i went back in and unset it, went and checked all the doors were shut and that none of the pirs had been activated, and they were all fine... so i went to set it again so i put the code in , pressed 'a', walked out, closed the door and it set fine then a few seconds later the exit tone started up again!

whats wrong with the system?

i was out working the other night, and i was last out so i had to set the alarms, in the building there is a adt ademco galaxy panel.

when i set the alarms, it was all ok, exit tone on internal sounder started so walked walked out the door, door closed which usually completes the full set of the system but the exit tone kept going, then it changed so i went back in and unset it, went and checked all the doors were shut and that none of the pirs had been activated, and they were all fine... so i went to set it again so i put the code in , pressed 'a', walked out, closed the door and it set fine then a few seconds later the exit tone started up again!

whats wrong with the system?

Put code in press A then watch display.

If any zones are open they will show.

If not it should be a STEADY tone.

Open exit door, tone should change while door is open, if not then door contact is faulty.

close door and tone should be steady again.

IF tone stays steady all the time then the system thinks you have not left.

Contact will need changing.(give it a little tap to free it for now)

I had a similar problem at a well known high street cosmetics and pharmacy store, workmen were in to change a busted door removed the magnetic contact and taped it to the reed, so the alarm only ever saw the door as closed, it was a good job this was the main entry / exit point as I fear it would never have been spotted.

John

I've been to a few callouts in the Rhyl area where the scroates realise that if they rip the exit door magnet off the system will not set, and is only usually found when the shop is attempting to close, they hope that the owner will just not set the system for the night and-bingo-open shop usually around 3am!.....

They did the exactly the same to one of our customers. Took a stanley blade to all wiring in the fire exits. Saturday callout and i fixed the cables.

Tried to break in at 2am and were caught up the road by the police with 16 BBQ's in their van.

!

I've been to a few callouts in the Rhyl area where the scroates realise that if they rip the exit door magnet off the system will not set, and is only usually found when the shop is attempting to close, they hope that the owner will just not set the system for the night and-bingo-open shop usually around 3am!.....

Yep, we have a place in Buckley that someone does this to. Been out twice for that exact reason! Easy monies though ;)

Archived