Security Installer Community

Your Thoughts Everyone.

Sounds good but can it be hacked? Its another weak link to the alarm system if you can connect to the alarm system through the wifi then the weakest link is the router which outside the influence of the alarm system.

In theory the alarm system could be attacked from outside the protected area, albeit you would need to be fairly clever to do it

Sounds good but can it be hacked? Its another weak link to the alarm system if you can connect to the alarm system through the wifi then the weakest link is the router which outside the influence of the alarm system.

In theory the alarm system could be attacked from outside the protected area, albeit you would need to be fairly clever to do it

Exactly what I was thinking Peter. Nice touch but no need for it really, especially if it can be hacked.

I think it's a great idea and I would expect they will do very well from it.

The wifi network is private and does not connect to the home router - so how can anyone hack it? More to the point - why would anyone go to all that effort to hack it?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

all i-on from 40 up can be connected to router, has own ip address built in browser etc. can log in as user or eng. lappy or iphone.

looking fwd to using the 50 & 80ex later this year, will drop the 9x5x (if price is comparable).

The wifi network is private and does not connect to the home router - so how can anyone hack it? More to the point - why would anyone go to all that effort to hack it?

Smartphone control as a concept is the future, but I don't like the sound of this.

My first thoughts are...

You have to disconnect from your own WiFi connection to connect to the private network, this is inconvient.

How secure is this private network? I can be 100% nobody can access my home Wifi/Network. Is this equally secure.

What happens if your smartphone is stolen? Your smartphone is the most likely thing to be stolen.

I have asked a few times now for panel makers to have an app on a mobile phone to act as a keypad.

Mainly for engineers to dial into the panel,log in and then the phone becomes a system keypad.

Great for when you just can't get the right info from the user when they need help.

Cant wait for that.

Kev

I have asked a few times now for panel makers to have an app on a mobile phone to act as a keypad.

Mainly for engineers to dial into the panel,log in and then the phone becomes a system keypad.

Great for when you just can't get the right info from the user when they need help.

Cant wait for that.

Kev

Now you could be onto something there upload download over 3g that would be cool and usefull.

The wifi network is private and does not connect to the home router - so how can anyone hack it?

So are you saying that a private network cannot be hacked?

More to the point - why would anyone go to all that effort to hack it?

I reckon that would be the opposite reason of why anyone would go to all the effort of fitting it

Archived