Security Installer Community

Texecom Speech Dialler

zurrieq

I have successfully connected the Texecom Premier 48 with the texecom speech dialler. I have read somewhere that you can switch on and off the alarm remotely by phoning the dialler. I managed to connect to the dialler on the phone but cannot figure out how to enable or disable the alarm on/off through the dialler. I think it is related to the programmable outputs:

6 Remote Ctrl 1: This output type can be remotely turned on and off by a touchtone telephone.

7 Remote Ctrl 2: This output type can be remotely turned on and off by a touchtone telephone.

But... to what do I need to connect these (on the panel side)? I cannot find anything which switches on/off at the panel side. There are no input terminals on the premier?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

I managed to connect to the dialler on the phone but cannot figure out how to enable or disable the alarm on/off through the dialler. I think it is related to the programmable outputs:

6 Remote Ctrl 1: This output type can be remotely turned on and off by a touchtone telephone.

7 Remote Ctrl 2: This output type can be remotely turned on and off by a touchtone telephone.

But... to what do I need to connect these (on the panel side)? I cannot find anything which switches on/off at the panel side. There are no input terminals on the premier?

As above really. You will require a relay in the panel.

If you get hold of a 12 volt relay (IS12) the positive will be connected straight to the panel and use one output of the dialler to trigger the negative.

Then the common and normally closed can be linked to a spare zone on the panel.

This zone can be programmed as keyswitch. When the relay is closed the system will be disarmed, when open armed. The relays on the dialler toggle.

Your output on the speech dialler needs to trigger a relay that's connected to a zone programmed as a keyswitch

Thank you for the quick reply. I found the latch key under zone types which is exactly what I need. Now I need to buy a relay. Anything you recommend?

Am I correct in saying that you would not actually now if the system has been armed or disarmed. What I mean is... say I am at work and do not remember if I armed the alarm. Phoning in will not confirm if I actually switched it on or turned it off... is that correct?

Thank you for the quick reply. I found the latch key under zone types which is exactly what I need. Now I need to buy a relay. Anything you recommend?

Am I correct in saying that you would not actually now if the system has been armed or disarmed. What I mean is... say I am at work and do not remember if I armed the alarm. Phoning in will not confirm if I actually switched it on or turned it off... is that correct?

We would use IS12 12 volt relays from alarm suppliers. But any 12 volt relay will do as there is no worry about contact current.

Latch Key is the correct zone programming on P48.

The only way of knowing arm status is when the relay is toggled by the phone, it would beep once or twice after you toggle it.

This would indicate which way the relay has toggled.

As above really. You will require a relay in the panel.

If you get hold of a 12 volt relay (IS12) the positive will be connected straight to the panel and use one output of the dialler to trigger the negative.

Then the common and normally closed can be linked to a spare zone on the panel.

This zone can be programmed as keyswitch. When the relay is closed the system will be disarmed, when open armed. The relays on the dialler toggle.

Just saw your post... detailed as usual. Must have missed it the first read.

You are refering to this I suppose -

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1576

http://www.e-fireandsecurity.co.uk/is-12-12-volt-polarised-double-pole-relay/p3539

Thanks again.

Just saw your post... detailed as usual. Must have missed it the first read.

You are refering to this I suppose -

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1576

http://www.e-fireandsecurity.co.uk/is-12-12-volt-polarised-double-pole-relay/p3539

Thanks again.

cheers.

Yes that is correct, you will only need one pole of the relay.

In amendment to my post above.....

Remote output 1 makes one high pitch beep for on and one low pitched beep for off.

Remote output 2 makes two high pitch beeps for on and two low pitched beeps for off.

cheers.

Yes that is correct, you will only need one pole of the relay.

In amendment to my post above.....

Remote output 1 makes one high pitch beep for on and one low pitched beep for off.

Remote output 2 makes two high pitch beeps for on and two low pitched beeps for off.

IIRC,even with the one or two beeps there is still no way of knowning if the panel is set or unset. If the panel is already armed dialling in and switching the output on will unset it. If the panel is in unset state and you dial in and switch the output on it will set the alarm. You will only know the status of the relay, not the panel.

I could be wrong.

For what you want to do, you probably would of been better with the Premier GSM module, although it is around 3x times the price of the speech dialler you can send SMS commands and receive the systems status

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Archived